Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DOC 2021 Meet - Take 2!!
Stick some pics up please guys! I'll see you all tomorrow.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I think there's a few pics on Rissy's Facebook Rich.

Safe travels everyone, we'll see you at Coventry Air Museum for 11am.

If you look on the Silverstone Classic Facebook page, they've got some brilliant footage 
of the qualifying sessions for this weekends races, including historic touring cars, F1 cars, GP cars,
and and eyewatering racing incident involving a Mk1 Cortina Lotus getting punted off the track  Cry
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Just about ready to roll... Big Grin

Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Ha! My car looked a bit like that on Thursday evening. By mid Friday, it was weather/road rash ruined. Might as well have not bothered.

Looking good Rich! Looking forward to catching up! Smile
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Your car looks brilliant Richard...I only wish I could be with you all. Enjoy your weekend.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Thanks Chris! 

Gang is here....

Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Thoughts with you and Christine this weekend ChrisP x

Well we had a good day today, the weather held out bar a light bit of drizzle at lunchtime.

It was great to catch up with people after so long, over 18mths since the NEC and the last
Midlands Area Xmas meet.

It was also lovely to see David and Judith Adams and the utterly gorgeous Jimbo the Guide Dog, 
and Barrie Wills, although sad to see Barrie so unsteady and having to use a walking frame after
a recent spate of poor health.  We wish you a good recovery Barrie.

And, in one of those 'small world' moments, it turned out museum volunteer Keith used to work for
a company in Coventry that made the Torsion Bars for the DeLoreans.  Barrie was absolutely delighted
to meet him and they were engrossed in conversation together.

I've got loads of pics on my big camera, but I've still not mastered uploading them to the forum in a format
that isn't too huge for the page, so I'll create an album on the DOC-UK Facebook page and upload them 
to there and post the link on here.

To all travelling to Silverstone tomorrow, have a safe journey, we're leaving Nottinghamshire around 7am to 
get on site by 9am as we're not sure how heavy the traffic will be.
Great summary of a good day out, thanks Claire and best wishes to all.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
https://www.facebook.com/DeloreanOwnersClubUK

I've put a post on with todays pictures, its a public page so even if you haven't got a Facebook account,
you should be able to see the pictures.

17 and counting....
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Great stuff...I see the Brolly's are out then? Quite dry in Derby.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
[attachment=1149]

Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Thanks Claire for organising a fantastic day! Both me and Rhys loved it.

It was so nice to meet some awesome fellow owners how gave me loads of great advice on how to get my car running better! 

I also ticked off one of my bucket lists of driving round Silverstone - but in a convoy  with so many other D's it made it really special!

Look forward to the next event!

If anyone is interested in seeing the TV coverage of our Lap - Here is a link below:-

https://youtu.be/jofpSdX55Ac

The D's Start about 3:47 - you might want to fast forward between the footage of the Stags! lol.
Derfel aka Derv

Oct 1981 RHD DeLorean VIN 4890
1962 Beetle
2013 Transporter T5 Camper
Thanks for the link Derfel!
If you want to see the D's in motion round the track after the many MANY stags then you need to go forward to 4 hours and 12 minutes and again at 4.19 and 4.27

Had an excellent weekend catching up with old and new owners. Thanks once again for organising Claire and Richard.
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
Quote:If anyone is interested in seeing the TV coverage of our Lap - Here is a link below:-

https://youtu.be/jofpSdX55Ac

The D's Start about 3:47 - you might want to fast forward between the footage of the Stags! lol.
As mentioned above, short bit's of the DeLoreans really. One entering the track as mentioned above then the main bit at around 4hr 12min. Shame they didn't  film us from when we first entered the track catching up with the huge number of Stag's as we had a reasonable turn of speed then!
Anyway huge shout out of thanks to everyone who involved themselves in the weekend. I know the hotel wasn't in the best location but this was down to us having a booking at Bicester Heritage who then choose to cancel it, non the less I hope everyone had a good time. I know I certainly did it felt really good having some sort of normality after the last 18 months. I think we had 22 cars at Silverstone in the end. Although not all choose to go around the track and we had a couple of minor breakdowns everyone left under their own steam. Massive thanks to Claire for putting this event together I know it's been a headache with all the Covid stuff going on but it is really appreciated by the club membership. Also RichardH/Phil/ChrisM/Leanne and anyone else I have forgotten for helping/organizing the milling people!
Thanks all and see you at the NEC in November if not before.
Chris

Quote:Thanks for the link Derfel!
If you want to see the D's in motion round the track after the many MANY stags then you need to go forward to 4 hours and 12 minutes.

Had an excellent weekend catching up with old and new owners. Thanks once again for organising Claire and Richard.
Damn, he beat me to it by a minute  Big Grin
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584