Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DOC 2021 Meet - Take 2!!
Afternoon all,

I'm looking forward to my first outing in the Delorean for probably over 3 years now.
Just been serviced and MOT'd (for the last time) so almost ready.

I have my e-tickets but not the Vehicle Display Pass yet.... hoping it comes soon enough.

I'll be arriving on the Sunday morning, aiming to get to the circuit for just before 9am.
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
(23 Jul 2021, 12:01)Emagine Wrote: I have my e-tickets but not the Vehicle Display Pass yet.... hoping it comes soon enough.

I'd perhaps get in touch with them on Monday and advise you've not yet received your windscreen pass. These were sent out in the post before the E-tickets were issued. The clock is ticking.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Got my email the other day for my day tickets, all ready to go for air museum and silverstone Smile
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
IMPORTANT:
John has pointed out that the restaurant has limited spaces (for those staying at the Premier Inn Bicester) so it's well worth pre-booking yourself a table for any meals. I know John has pre-booked foe a table of 8 and I have booked a table of 8 for Fri at 8pm (wont be there till late) and a table of 6 for 6.30 on Sat night. Also have pre-booked breakfast tables. It 'may' well be worth pre-booking a couple more to ensure we all can be fed & watered. Unfortunately they wont allow large group bookings at this time so it really is down to all of us to make a booking.
It's also worth remembering that any DeLoreans have to be on site and parked ideally by 9.30 on Sunday at Silverstone, according to google maps the hotel is about 35 mins drive away so please factor this in for an early breakfast on Sunday!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Good shout Chris, I've just booked for myself and the lad. He can get a bit shy in larger groups so I've just booked us a table for 2 for now.

I'm not going to be there in Friday night so will see you all at Coventry Air Museum from 11:00 onwards on Saturday 31st. 

There are lunch options on site.

Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
(23 Jul 2021, 15:05)Rissy Wrote:
(23 Jul 2021, 12:01)Emagine Wrote: I have my e-tickets but not the Vehicle Display Pass yet.... hoping it comes soon enough.

I'd perhaps get in touch with them on Monday and advise you've not yet received your windscreen pass.  These were sent out in the post before the E-tickets were issued.  The clock is ticking.

Vehicle pass and e-tickets all sorted.... I'll see you all there on Sunday morning!!!! Smile
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
Looking forward to this!

Will be up at the hotel late afternoon of the Friday. Have booked an additional table of 4 for 8pm and 6.30pm on the Saturday.

Morning breakfast for 8am, hope that is enough time to smell the coffee and wake up before the drive into Silverstone!
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
Been waiting for a couple of weeks for some new steering column bits (anti vibration joints) as I was planning on getting that done before the meet but they have only just turned up today so little chance of fitting them now  Dodgy

Not essential, but would have been nice! Hopefully my car will start and drive ok when I take it for a test tomorrow, it has been nearly a year since I last took it out.
Leanne and I booked tables last night. We *may* have customers for the extra seats we've booked already, but at the end of the day, it's being all kept relaxed and easy for anyone to do as they please at the time. So if any of our prospective seat attenders decide to sit elsewhere meaning our spare seats are free, and you don't already have one for yourself, then feel free to sit down beside us. (we'll let you know if seats are free if/when you approach us and ask) Smile

We need two seats from each booking for ourselves (of course). But we have the following:

8pm on Friday for 4 people
6:30pm on Saturday for 6 people

We held off on breakfast bookings (although we've included breakfast in our room booking, so i'm sure they wont deny us on that basis alone) because we wanted to wait and see what the consensus was for morning starts.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Quote: (we'll let you know if seats are free if/when you approach us and ask) [Image: smile.png]
I have fallen for that one before........... Big Grin Big Grin
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris
is there a plan for Friday, as i live in Towcester I'm planning to go straight to the circuit in the morning, as there is a lot to see and do at this event,
Ive just seen the weather forecast for Friday and its not great at the moment but they do say Sat & Sun is better now
Not sure if your aware there is a Delorean Close in Brackley just up the road from Silverstone , might be nice to get a few cars up there for some pictures some time over the weekend, im sure the locals would appreciate it, might even get local press involved too

IanUK
Vin # 1096
DOC# 770
(28 Jul 2021, 20:40)Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote: (we'll let you know if seats are free if/when you approach us and ask) [Image: smile.png]
I have fallen for that one before........... Big Grin Big Grin

Chris, if you and the missus wish to join us, especially on Friday night, then you're more than welcome (I'll just have to suck it up Smile ). Sounds like Leanne and I will be at a table for four on Friday night by ourselves anyway. I think we have a full quota for our table on Saturday though.

(28 Jul 2021, 22:44)Ianuk52 Wrote: Ive just seen the weather forecast for Friday and its not great at the moment but they do say Sat & Sun is better now.

IanUK
Vin # 1096
DOC# 770

The weather for Friday everywhere I'm intended on being tomorrow is going to be wet and miserable and a chance of thunder and lightening too. I just hope at this point that this weather is not also complimented with golf ball sizes hail too! I don't want the D' or any other of my cars being turned into a golf ball!

As you say though, I think Saturday and Sunday (especially Sunday) are looking to be better weather.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Quote:Chris, if you and the missus wish to join us, especially on Friday night, then you're more than welcome (I'll just have to suck it up [Image: smile.png] ). 
Thanks, though I don't think we will be there till late 7-8 depending on when we can get away and traffic.

Quote:is there a plan for Friday, as i live in Towcester I'm planning to go straight to the circuit in the morning, as there is a lot to see and do at this event,
Ive just seen the weather forecast for Friday and its not great at the moment but they do say Sat & Sun is better now
Not sure if your aware there is a Delorean Close in Brackley just up the road from Silverstone , might be nice to get a few cars up there for some pictures some time over the weekend, im sure the locals would appreciate it, might even get local press involved too
Not sure how many cars will be around on the Friday, it does sound a good idea but I'm thinking the logistics may be difficult unless we could do it later Saturday afternoon?
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi all,

okay, just a quick update from me.

I have the Cavalier packed with a gazebo, table, lots of drinks and some snacks for the Sunday.
I've managed to wangle an 'unloading' pass from the organisers, but any assistance in setting up
would be appreciated.  I think we'll be leaving Nottinghamshire around 7am so should be there
by 9am depending on the traffic.  

We'll be coming down in Evie on Saturday to the Air Museum.  I spoke to them today, they said
if you say you  are with the DOC when you get there, you'll get in for £7.00 each (kids £3.50).  
She also said, they'll open some aircraft up for us, and also have guides handy to talk to us about
anything we are interested in.

ALSO!  On Saturday, at we will be joined around 12 noon by former Head of Purchasing at DMCL,
Barrie Wills and I'm pleased to say David Adams will also be there.  David was the Head of Finance
at DMCL and last joined us at our Derbyshire event nearly 10yrs ago.  David is registered blind, so
will be with his with Judith, and Guide Dog called Jimbo.

I'll bring Track Sign on Forms with me to hand out on Sunday morning - I think you need to be in 
the Paddock area to get ready for parade lap around 11am, but I'm not sure what time you'll be on
track as I think the Stag OC are before us, and they are trying to break the record for a single marque
on a circuit at any one time..... 

I'll have my camera ready to take lots of pics (as usual), and hopefully I'll get some good ones of you on the
track as you go round.

Safe journey everyone, and I'll see you this weekend.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Just arrived! I see a couple of D's in the car park as well.
I have a bit of work to do but will head over to the brewers fayre for around 7/7.30 unless people are about earlier?