Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DOC 2021 Meet - Take 2!!
Hotel is booked for the Friday and Sat night!  Cool
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
just a heads up, I've had a few of you email me to say you are coming to the event, but I do need
people who have booked to email me their details, including name, address, membership number and
DeLorean registration number so I can keep a record of who's coming.

Also, and this is very important for those who like a bevvie or several on a Saturday night.... (mention no
names Chris and Steve.... ) Silverstone want display cars to arrive for 10am on the Sunday morning.

So, bearing in mind there will be plenty of traffic heading for the event, I would suggest that people need to
be fed, packed and checked out of the hotel by 9am Sunday morning. You have been warned!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
(29 Apr 2021, 21:54)Guinney1971 Wrote: just a heads up, I've had a few of you email me to say you are coming to the event, but I do need
people who have booked to email me their details, including name, address, membership number and
DeLorean registration number so I can keep a record of who's coming.

Also, and this is very important for those who like a bevvie or several on a Saturday night.... (mention no
names Chris and Steve.... )  Silverstone want display cars to arrive for 10am on the Sunday morning.

So, bearing in mind there will be plenty of traffic heading for the event, I would suggest that people need to
be fed, packed and checked out of the hotel by 9am Sunday morning.  You have been warned!

so plan Saturday is for us to stay at Bicester premier inn as mentioned before?
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
yes William, thats the plan. I'm still waiting for confirmation on the Saturday event.

Oxford Bus Museum have said they can accommodate us if the Air Museum cant.
(30 Apr 2021, 20:31)Guinney1971 Wrote: yes William, thats the plan.  I'm still waiting for confirmation on the Saturday event.  

Oxford Bus Museum have said they can accommodate us if the Air Museum cant.

alrighty then ill get to booking my room asap
good that we have 2 options for Saturday events
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
There will be a few of us staying on the Friday night as well if you wanted to make a weekend of it William!
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
Okay, just a heads up, if you are planning to attend with your DeLorean, you need to book with
Silverstone (details in the flyer sent out a couple of weeks ago) BY THE 31ST OF MAY !!!

We are hoping for a good turnout in the DeLorean (and the Club's) anniversary year, so please,
get booked in and lets give the crowds a good display - remember we are doing a parade of Silverstone
circuit on the Sunday lunchtime, so lets make the most of it.

As it currently stands, I'm still waiting for Coventry Air Museum to get back to me, but Rich Hanlon is
on the case and hopefully we can go there on the Saturday.
Quote:Also, and this is very important for those who like a bevvie or several on a Saturday night.... (mention no

names Chris and Steve.... )
I do hope that was not referring to me Big Grin Angry Huh
Non the less I and my good lady are all booked in now (finally) if you would be good enough to add us to the list please. Just a note for others that I never received an email after booking asking me to confirm my details and vehicle Etc. So for those who have booked please can you ensure you received an email and your details and car details are all booked in. If not I would suggest emailing: carclubs@silverstoneclassic.com to ensure everything is done.

Quote:Okay, just a heads up, if you are planning to attend with your DeLorean, you need to book with

Silverstone (details in the flyer sent out a couple of weeks ago) BY THE 31ST OF MAY !!!
Just to echo the above really, this is a substantial discount that's being offered and being the proverbial tight fisted Yorkshire man I would hate for anyone to miss out. Remember this discount code works for all days over the weekend not just for the Sunday when we hope to have a club get-together. So please make the most of it and enjoy what promises to be a full on car weekend. Lets face it we all need some freedom after the last year we have had.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Just confirmed my attendance with them too as I started to panic! Seems I'm all signed up.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Quote:Just a note for others that I never received an email after booking asking me to confirm my details and vehicle Etc.
Arrived today, 4 days after booking. not sure if it's a system issue or because I paid via PayPal but seems to have sorted itself.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi all,

due to the covid measures: tests, quarantine we have to take from Belgium at this moment, I don't think we will attend. 
It looks promising though. I hope you guys have a great time.

I'll keep following, maybe all of this (covid) will just dissapear.
That's a shame Steve, it would have been good to catch up. Haven't seen you since Ireland when we split up on our mini convoy headed south towards Dublin. Looking at this India variant of the Covid virus take off in the UK, there might be a strong possibility nobody will be meeting up for this! We'll have to wait and see...
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
(18 May 2021, 13:13)Rissy Wrote: That's a shame Steve, it would have been good to catch up.  Haven't seen you since Ireland when we split up on our mini convoy headed south towards Dublin.  Looking at this India variant of the Covid virus take off in the UK, there might be a strong possibility nobody will be meeting up for this!  We'll have to wait and see...

One of our main expert sais the India variant is covered by the vaccine, so we should be safe not. It's ridiculous when you are traveling from one country to another and the zone safety colour is the same, or green for that matter, you have to take a some tests...
We could come over, but the second day we would have to take a test upon arrival. I don't know where to take it, if it's a stick in the nose test, how much it's going to cost. 
But hey, over here the numbers are dropping rapid, we just wait and see.

How is the airco ?  Cool
Planning to get the Aircon working next month. I've postponed getting it finalised for over a year because of Covid, but no more. The time has come. The car hasn't been on the road since 2018, so it's about high time I put some miles on it again.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Just booked hotel for the Saturday night.    Big Grin
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126