Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DOC 2021 Meet - Take 2!!
All booked (I think), but please note, that with the additional charge for "Handling Fee" of £7.50 (whatever the hell this is!?), this brought the total up to £76.50 for two people in one car.

A bit confusing, but after receiving the email with the button to take you to the vehicle regsitration part, once there, it asks you to fill in various fields, including "Car Club Code".  I wasn't sure what to put there, but it requires something to be put in, so I just repeated the promotional code Chris W posted above.  If it's something other than this, maybe this should be advised...?

Further down, it also asks you to tick the button (or not) next to the question "Have you purchased a RetroRun Add on with this booking?"  Have I?  I wasn't sure.  I went through the purchasing process from the start again, and saw no evidence to suggest I did, so I ticked "no".  I'm hoping that doesn't ruin my wishing to drive around the track?!  Some better clarity could be included for this detail.

Oh yeah, under colour of the vehicle, I couldn't help myself.  I put "Stainless".  Oooh-yeeeaah.  Cool
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Quote:Only thing I need now is the "Car Club Code" so I can register the car to get all the passes etc
To answer both, to be honest I don't know, haven't even booked myself yet! I would imagine the code would be the same as Silverstone have given to us.
I didn't know about the 'handling fee' Guess booking fee? I will add this to the newsletter now I'm aware of it. Thanks for letting me know.
I don't know about a 'Retro Run' Claire??
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
The Retro Run is a classic car rally which Silverstone are arranging the day before - which is separate to this.
Derfel aka Derv

Oct 1981 RHD DeLorean VIN 4890
1962 Beetle
2013 Transporter T5 Camper
I have registered,I just put DeLorean Owners Club UK in the car club code bit. They'll be able to work it out from that surely?!

Yeah booking fres are an unavoidable part of these sorts of things. It's only £7.50 and the club is offering us a generous rebate on attending so it's not really an issue.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Thank you to Chris Williams for sorting this out for me, unfortunately myself and the kids have been floored
by a nasty stomach bug since they broke up from school, so I've not been with it so to speak.

Can everyone who books, email me with their name, Club membership number, car registration and how you
wish to receive your £20 refund. As the HSBC app is absolutely useless, its probably going to be easier for me to
either give people cash on the day, or a cheque (how retro).

The Club will be allowed to do a parade lap of the circuit on Sunday Lunchtime.

Any questions, please get in touch with myself or Chris and we will do our best to help.

I cant make any promises as to whether my DeLorean will be there, but as the Cavalier and Chevette Club are going to
be there, I can always take my other Silver car Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
No probs, did you get my details through Claire?
Hope you're all on the mend.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Claire I'll be booking mine this weekend I'm guessing from what I've been reading nothing planned for Saturday as of yet except probs a mini tech event and catch up at a local restaurant/ hotel? (hopefully the world reverts to normal in June)
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
So are people booking for just the Sat night, or making a weekend of it and booking the Fri or Sun as well?
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
Leanne and I are booked from Friday through to Sunday (2 nights stay) at the Premier Inn. Our (or should i say Leanne's) reasoning was that if there's not much going on during the Saturday, then Bicester Village (outdoor shopping precinct) is only a short bus ride away, and if shops etc are opening up again by July, then there's entertainment to be had there instead of in a car park next to busy roads.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
For me, it depends what the Sat plans are as to whether or not I book the Friday. 

If there's nothing specific planned I might take my lad to Gaydon on the sat just as a regular customer.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Deff for Sat Night/maybe for Fri night. Still working around rest days and child care etc.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Think I am going to tentatively book for the Friday and Saturday nights, need to max the fun when we can!

And just to confirm, it's this Premier Inn in Bicester, yes?
https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/...ester.html
I'm wondering about Midland Air Museum for the Saturday?

http://www.midlandairmuseum.co.uk/visit.php

Largely outdoor, reopening on 17th May, catering on site, and discounts for groups of >10. And only 45 mins from Bicester.

Quite a lot of cool stuff there too - Vulcan, Lightning, Phantom etc and more.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Looks good to me, I would be up for going there on the Saturday.
As per Richards suggestion, I'll contact the air museum tomorrow as it would be nice to make a proper weekend of it.

I doubt #2292 will make it, short of Fuzz Townshend whisking the car away without me noticing, but as the Cavalier and
Chevette Club are commemorating a number of anniversaries this year, including 25yrs since the Mk3 went out of production,
I'll be attending in my newly restored 1989 Mk3 Cavalier. Not sure if Phill will be in #6772 (which also needs putting back
on the road), or if he'll be in the Cav with me.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie