Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hi all, just joined the club and looking forward to joining in with the community!  
Not a DMC-12 owner (yet!), but certainly starting to look...
Am based near High Wycombe and hope to meet some of you if and when this wretched lockdown ends (and summer begins)!
Here's hoping for some sun and car shows this year.
Hope this note ends up in the right place..
Cheers!
Ivan.
Hi Ivan and welcome! 

As you may have read it looks like our main summer event is postponed for now, but as and when we're allowed there are bound to be a few smaller meet ups, and individual owners heading out to local shows. People sometimes state in advance where they're going to be going. With this year being the marque's 40th anniversary there were grand plans made but the ongoing uncertainty has not helped. There may be a small day trip to the British motor museum if there is interest and it is permitted.

There will also be a 'Eurofest' event at some point in 2022 over in Belfast which is a great opportunity to see lots of cars and owners together, meet lots of people and have a long weekend of it. Any updates will be posted on here as and when they are known.

If you subscribe to the 'events' thread on here you should get alerts when anyone posts to it.

You're also never as far away from another DeLorean as you think. I'm sure there will be some owner relatively nearby who would show you around a car as and when the rules permit.

The classic car show at the NEC may return this year - we hope so, and usually do a club stand.

Hang on in there, and keep your eyes peeled. They do turn up, but he prepared to be quick when one does - demand is usually higher than supply.

Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
(11 Feb 2021, 00:58)Rich Hanlon Wrote: Hi Ivan and welcome! 

As you may have read it looks like our main summer event is postponed for now, but as and when we're allowed there are bound to be a few smaller meet ups, and individual owners heading out to local shows. People sometimes state in advance where they're going to be going. With this year being the marque's 40th anniversary there were grand plans made but the ongoing uncertainty has not helped. There may be a small day trip to the British motor museum if there is interest and it is permitted.

There will also be a 'Eurofest' event at some point in 2022 over in Belfast which is a great opportunity to see lots of cars and owners together, meet lots of people and have a long weekend of it. Any updates will be posted on here as and when they are known.

If you subscribe to the 'events' thread on here you should get alerts when anyone posts to it.

You're also never as far away from another DeLorean as you think. I'm sure there will be some owner relatively nearby who would show you around a car as and when the rules permit.

The classic car show at the NEC may return this year - we hope so, and usually do a club stand.

Hang on in there, and keep your eyes peeled. They do turn up, but he prepared to be quick when one does - demand is usually higher than supply.

Rich

Thanks, Rich!
Yes, just reading around the site, as you say, there's a lot of demand out there!
I will have to get my ducks in a row. I currently have a kit car which I'm going to have to sell to fund a DMC purchase.
This will be sad as I originally built her getting on for 20 years ago and she's been a fixture since - but I think it's time for something new at long last.
I'll do as you suggest and subscribe to the 'events' page, too. Fingers crossed!
Cheers,
Ivan.