Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fascia Painting
Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations of a good place to get the front and rear fascias painted please? East Midlands area. Thank you! Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Not sure about a place to get it painted but I do have a suggestion on the paint. I've just stripped the dealership paint off the facia and managed to get a sample of the original colour underneath, because it was painted from new it shouldn't have had any sun damage. Going around looking at cars I realised it's a near exact match including the flake to one of the cars we have at work. The colours a Jaguar Land Rover colour called silicon silver, picture attached. The sample from the car is the smaller piece. Would be interested how this compares to the Alfa colour.

Auto Bodycraft In Swadlincote, South Derbyshire, have always been good to me in the past.

https://auto-bodycraft.business.site/

Not too sure how far that would be from you - but they did a cracking repair on my Renault Scenic which had pearlescent paint.
Derfel aka Derv

Oct 1981 RHD DeLorean VIN 4890
1962 Beetle
2013 Transporter T5 Camper
That looks like a fantastic match and one to remember.

All good info for the future, but in the end in my own case, I had some paint made up by a place in Bolsover near Chesterfield to spray myself. I was quoted £500, so decided on a DIY job. Mine matched up to something a bit more bronzey than that, but obviously there is a full range available. I have used a PVC based paint system this time, which supposedly remains flexible.  Time will tell! Main issue I have had was crazing in the past. Just need to rub it down with some Farecla G3 compound. Cost about £70 in paint and prep materials, but lots of time.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126