Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car stereo
Hi all, I’m looking to fit a car stereo in 10023, looking for CD, Bluetooth for hands free but compatible with my (I think) stock electric aerial even though I don’t know if it works. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks
Steve

DOC No. 1002

10023 - manual, grey interior affectionally known as Bella.

Audi Q5 

Audi A4 Convertible

Audi S5 V8 4.2L - Sold
Has your dash fascia been cut out? If it has there are more options than if not. Original ”DIN" fitting is to have a small rectangular cutout in the centre with a spindle hole on each side.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
As Rich suggests above it depends if your dash has been hacked about a bit, this company does a selection stereo's that fit both original fitment and modern holes. https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/retrosound...d-speakers
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I have a retrosound in my car with a modified craig faceplate. Has all the stuff like DAB, usb and bluetooth. It will require an extra module so you can use the DAB with a stock aerial which is pretty cheap. 
No need for CDs. Either put a load of music on a usb pen or connect your phone via bluetooth and play music from your phone.
I keep meaning to paint those silver knobs 

- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
That looks great!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
That looks really smart, like the retro look with the push buttons.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Nice job.

I would offer a word of caution on the Retrosound units, based on personal experience

I had one for about four years in my D when is started to crap out.

That's not exactly great to begin with, but when you consider an average of about 1000 miles a year, that's effectively four months in a daily driver.

Worse still, the company completely stone walled me when it came to asking for help. Their response was "out of warantee, buy a new one, go away"

They weren't interested in repairing the unit, they flatly refused to give me any schematics and they couldn't even tell me individual component values.

They've basically had them designed and produced in China for them. I imagine the only IP they have is in the designs of the face plates.

By all accounts if it fails in year one, when they're legally obliged to replace it, they are very helpful. After that, it's dustbin fodder.

You pays your money.....
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.