Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long awaited hunt begins
Everyone, the time has come  Big Grin

I'm beginning my hunt for my Delorean after many years of ride outs, driving experience, and the many hours spent around these amazing cars and everyone here (special thanks to Claire + Phil Wright and Chris P for those amazing memories over the years).

so im looking for something around 15-20k in the US market (about 13k here luckily  Cool ) built in any year and any interior colour (due to my crazy plan i have cooking) with an auto preferred but manual is fine too.

the only things im avoiding is painted ones and ones that have clearly been hit (small stainless dents are ok).

i have my trusted buyers guide on hand if i come across one myself and im sure people on the DMCtalk forum would be willing to look at cars being privately sold for me if i ask.

anyone got any advice that might be useful for me (i'm not going to rush into anything, i will be referring back here for all your opinions haha)

wish me luck everyone and i'll join the full owners soon
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
I assume you know what sort of car £13k will get you?

Either way, BHCC would be a good place to keep your eye on. They make importing a breeze, however, the last $20k car they had was a non running, engine seized rust bucket. I would say keep saving and aim to get £20k before you start looking.

I am intrigued as to what crazy scheme youve got planned for the interior though
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
(01 Nov 2020, 01:38)DMC1983 Wrote: I assume you know what sort of car £13k will get you?

Either way, BHCC would be a good place to keep your eye on. They make importing a breeze, however, the last $20k car they had was a non running, engine seized rust bucket. I would say keep saving and aim to get £20k before you start looking.

I am intrigued as to what crazy scheme youve got planned for the interior though

yeah im aware im still putting money away to get a better one but this is where im starting if that makes sense (getting the best i can afford), im keeping an eye on BHCC cause of what they had over the past few months.

believe me my plan will amaze everyone and its not exclusive to just the interior Wink
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk