Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEC 2020, Cancelled. AGM Notification Active
I think we are doing the right thing in turning down a stand.

I am also in the Cavalier and Chevette Club, and they were also offered a stand, but have turned it down for much the same reasons as Chris W outlined above.

Lets just write this year off as shows go, lets get our cars fettled, and lets look forward to the future. We've go that much building work done during lockdown
that, shock horror, we are actually about to start repairing #2292 after 4yrs off the road with engine failure.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Quote:I am also in the Cavalier and Chevette Club, and they were also offered a stand, but have turned it down for much the same reasons
I think, 'unfortunately' this will been common place Sad There are just so many variables and risks involved, I applauded them for trying to get an event on and to get back to some normality but there are just so many uncertainties around this year and what's to come.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
BBC in West Midlands are reporting this, so why are organisers trying to put a show on?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-englan...m-53559552
The answer usually is............."its all about the money"..........and the jobs of course. Don't buy your tickets yet folks.......
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:BBC in West Midlands are reporting this, so why are organisers trying to put a show on?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-englan...m-53559552
That's all a bit odd then isn't it??
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I suspect that article was after the original request 27th July (article) 12 July (Original Post) no doubt many said no causing the decision.

Its a changed world totally unrelated(ish).... I was chatting with a neighbour on Sunday and I heard a low rumble followed by an old tractor passing with a lovely old chap waving, aww that's nice I thought. For the next 10 minutes or so nigh on 40 old/vintage tractors went past followed by an old one with a sign on the back saying "Sorry for the inconvenience charity event etc etc".

Apparently they do it every year but I thought that such a nice way to entertain folk and get out surprisingly perfect for the way we are now. I guess it wouldn't work for us as there are probably a lot more antique tractors centred in Cheshire than there are dense concentrations of Deloreans in the UK but it was lovely to see. Not sure the folk who nipped out for a load and pint of milk thought the same Smile

Anyway, I suspect more rolling convoys will be had as its the only thing left to do. I have heard of a few organised, but even in towns they are worrying about people flocking to see them and causing issues with crowd density etc.
Photo 
[attachment=878]In my new Classic Car Lodge, we regularly attend socially distance meetings in the evenings at pubs, public spaces, tourist locations, like Carsington Water etc...any where with plenty of parking and lots of space. All arranged via watsapp at very short notice......Nice weather? Fancy meeting up etc..Mostly local.

Or the weekly can type newspapers are full of events virtually every eying.....sometimes they can be very busy!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I had an email today announcing that the organisers have taken the difficult decision to cancel this years event. It comes as no real surprise despite the best efforts of the organisers to get an event together, a combination of reluctance on clubs to attend, local lock-downs, outdoor events being cancelled, the list goes on. I think we just have to accept 2020 is a bit of a write off unfortunately. Lets all look forward to things getting back to normality next year.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
As we now know the NEC event (like most events in 2020) has been cancelled. There's no doubt that this has been a very strange year and I hope everyone is keeping safe and well and we can hopefully look forward to a better 2021 after what I suspect will be a rubbish winter. Anyway we are obliged to have some form of AGM this year, so we have decided to have a 'virtual' one' and all the clubs committee will submit a report that will be collated into our normal AGM report. This seems to be the way most club's are arranging things and is probably the easiest due to the on-going restrictions around Covid-19 and the fact that not much has happened this year!

So the actual AGM date is set as Sunday the 15th November 2020 (when it would have been at the NEC) and:

The DeLorean Owners Club (UK) Notice of Annual General Meeting.
To Be Held 'virtually' All and any submissions/comments/points to be raised should be submitted by Friday the 13th November 2020 to the Membership secretary (or any committee member should you prefer).

Agenda

• Elect a chairperson for the meeting (whom will check the reports and approve for inclusion into the AGM)
• Apologies
• Agree the minutes of the last AGM
• Receive an annual report from the Membership Secretary
• Receive an annual report from the Club Treasurer
• Receive an annual report from the Regalia Secretary
• Vote in the Club Officials for the forthcoming year (This will have to be a 'virtual' vote if no one else wishes to be put forward for a committee position then the existing committee member automatically is voted in for the next year)

The Following Club Officials are Standing for Election/Re-election;

• Membership Secretary; Chris Williams
• Club Treasurer; Claire Wright
• Magazine Editor; Matthew Clark
• Regalia Secretary; Mary Hooper
• Technical Advisor; Richard Hutchinson
• Forum Administrator; Richard Hutchinson
• Club Historian; Chris Parnham
• Web Editor; Matthew Clark

Should any club member wish to put themselves forward for any of the above positions then they should be proposed and seconded in writing to the membership secretary by the 1st November 2020. A full list of candidates will be published on the DOC forum at least 10 days before the AGM. If there is more than one candidate standing for any of the above positions then a full list will be sent to members along with a postal voting slip by the 7th November 2020.
In the event of there being no other candidates for the above committee positions, no postal voting slips will be issued due to the very high costs involved. Any member who is unable to attend the AGM may vote by post either for or against the candidates, to the membership secretary at least 3 days prior to the AGM. Only 1 vote either via post or in person at the AGM is allowed per member.

• A.O.B

Please Note
Should any member who is unable to attend in person have any suggestions and/or comments that they would like to be raised and/or discussed at the AGM, then please feel free to contact me (Chris Williams). I will ensure that these will be raised at the AGM on your behalf. Please also add your name and club membership number.

Due to the conditions imposed around meeting this year, the AGM will be conducted via email/phone calls as required. A full AGM report will be published (as it always is) on the forum and via newsletter. Please do get involved as best you can, we rely on the input from our valued members as strange as this year has been we need to look forward to next year and hopefully better times.
I would like to offer my sincere thanks to all the committee members for there hard work and dedication over the years, I'm acutely aware this has been a very bad year for many for various reasons and I do hope that things get better for all.
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
As in previous years, I can produce an 'accounts so far' sheet on the meeting date, with final yearly accounts after December 16th when the November bank statement comes in.
Hi all, is this going to be on Zoom or similar?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126