Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 National Event - DOC 25/DMC 40 - 19-20 June 2021
TBH, we haven't booked yet, I'm watching how things go.
I guess we'll have more of an idea in early Spring. If it has to be done though, I'll consult with the
venues and we'll move the event back a couple of months.

Okay.... UPDATE:

Bicester Heritage are now holding a 'Carfest' event on the Sunday, and day tickets (adult) are £83.00 each!!!
https://bicesterheritage.co.uk/whaton/retro-carfest/
https://carfest.seetickets.com/event/ret...678369#op1

Now I don't know about you guys, but thanks to the Pandemic, Phill has had no work since March 2020 and
we simply cannot afford to fork out that kinda money (we'd be looking at £200 for us as a family of 4 alone!).

I think we now need to have a rethink.  I've emailed Bicester Heritage about it and I'll see what they come back
with.

If it comes to it, we'll have to reschedule to fit in with a Scramble event later in the year, or find another venue for 
the Sunday.

I'll update this thread as soon as I have more news.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I always try and support club events, but Ive been a bit quite about this one , because it is the exactly time our aborted, (and paid for) 2020 River cruise has been re-scheduled for, (after it was cancelled last year) . Sods law of course..

June still seems a long way off and who knows how things will be then?

Personally, I'm not into car-fests anyway.

Could something simpler, later in the year, organised at short nicotine, be the way to go?

Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Keep us informed Claire, we appreciate all your efforts.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
It's an odd time. Goodwood are selling tickets for FoS in July, but I won't have been offered a vaccination by then, and car shows attract people of every generation, so... it feels like shows with 2m distancing, and one-way routes, restricted numbers etc would be "possible but not much fun" throughout the rest of this year.

My intention is to wait until it feels like an open air event is safe, and can be enjoyed, and honestly, that looks like 2022. I genuinely hope I'm wrong.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Video 
We need a crystal ball to be sure Dan........or a time machine?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I think the best thing we can do is reschedule for later in the Summer - our original plan was for September anyway, but
we brought if forward due to (possibly) better weather - and remember this was originally in the planning stage before
the November 'lockdown'.

Shall we organise something for later in the year, maybe 2nd weekend in September, and hope things are back to a semblance
of normality by then?
(02 Feb 2021, 16:35)Guinney1971 Wrote: I think the best thing we can do is reschedule for later in the Summer - our original plan was for September anyway, but
we brought if forward due to (possibly) better weather - and remember this was originally in the planning stage before
the November 'lockdown'.

Shall we organise something for later in the year, maybe 2nd weekend in September, and hope things are back to a semblance
of normality by then?
seems like this year might be the hopeful end of this madness especially if they're hoping to have everyone done on 1st vaccine by summer so the 2nd weekend in September sounds promising even if we keep it distanced just to be on the safe side (unless we're back to normal), either way I'm still 100% in regardless.
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
I'll do some more work on this next week William, and see what's available.

Obviously when I first arranged this, we were pre the second (so called) lockdown in November.

We are even thinking of cancelling our holiday to France at the end of August, which will be a shame,
as we've not had a holiday in 3 years, and the kids are really looking forward to it, but we just can't
forsee what the situation will be in 6 months from now. The only 'upside' for me is that I'm 50 next
month so I'll be in line for a Covid Vaccine as I'll move into the 9th cohort.
Tongue 
We've got a river cruise booked in July...in France, goodness knows if we will be able to go.....this time! 

Had our first jabs last night!   Blush
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(06 Feb 2021, 17:45)Chris P Wrote: We've got a river cruise booked in July...in France, goodness knows if we will be able to go.....this time! 

Had our first jabs last night!   Blush

Well the good 'old Gov is telling us we might be able to enjoy a local, outside-only, gathering of a couple of people this summer, but to forget travelling.

Since around 30m people won't have had their jabs by July, it's anyone's guess - but more importantly, we're leading the world in vaccination - so even if "we're alright, Jack", is anywhere else? And if they aren't, would you want to mingle with them?

Only you - after Boris says it's okay to go out, but not to go out, but to eat out, but not to - can answer that Wink
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Trouble is Dan....we are in "un-charted waters".......no one, and I mean not even the brightest in land, KNOWS what to do......at the end of the day they can have a stab at things and see how we get on.

One thing is certain the new 'normal' will be a lot different from the old one....and will simply have to adjust.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Just as an aside, if we're out of lockdown, and the rules permit, and IF the British motor museum is indeed open over the early summer,  (lots of Ifs!) then I might still take the car down there for the day to have a look around the museum again. Our youngest is very keen.

So I might put something on here nearer the time to see if anyone else was available. Not an official club event, as such, no meals or overnight stays or guest speakers or anything, but simply attending the museum at the same time as some other club members, and perhaps getting a few cars together for a photo. I guess there are quite a number of us within day-trip range.
Shy That sounds like a good Idea Richard. Ive not been since it was all re-vamped a few years ago.   My old BTTF car is still there! Big Grin
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
[attachment=942 Wrote:Chris P pid='52120' dateline='1612856127']Shy That sounds like a good Idea Richard. Ive not been since it was all re-vamped a few years ago.   My old BTTF car is still there! Big Grin

Indeed it is!    
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Here is a 10 min segments on Wills website......of me driving up to ....."Hull and Back"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttm_Z9Uq-vs
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian