Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 National Event - DOC 25/DMC 40 - 19-20 June 2021
Sounds good to me; I'd love to have my car ready by then but I'm not betting on it; time is not mine to spend. I've asked for assistance, so we'll see.

Event-wise, I'd come and just say Hi otherwise. Without the NEC, it'll have been too long as usual!
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

you'll always be welcome no matter what Dan.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
(08 Sep 2020, 16:11)Guinney1971 Wrote: you'll always be welcome no matter what Dan.

Thanks; and I obviously echo that sentiment. I really should chase Chris N about helping with my car!
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Okay, just a quick update, I've emailed Premier Inn Group Bookings Team about trying to get a decent rate
for the Bicester hotel for the Friday and Saturday evenings.
Once I've heard back, I'll update this page and finalise everything on the DOC-UK Facebook page, and also
it will hopefully be in time for Matt to put it in the next Club Magazine.
Okay, I think everything is sorted Smile

Premier Inn will not give a group discount unless one person (ie the Club) pays the whole bill, which is of 
course not an option.  So, people will need to book the hotel themselves and I will paste the link below.

I will arrange with the onsite restaurant for us to have our own dedicated seating area on the Saturday night
so that we can all sit together, chat, and have our normal presentations.  I am hoping we can have (a) guest
speaker/s too, but this is something I will arrange in due course.

For those travelling from further away, you can of course stay at the hotel on the Friday night too, however this
won't be an 'official' evening, it will be more of a social evening for those of you arriving Friday.

The itinerary is currently as follows:

Saturday 19th June 2021 - The British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire.  Club members will
be given a voucher for 50% off entry to the Museum, which must be presented on entry to get the discount.
I am also hoping we can do our 'doors aloft' drive down to the museum, which was a particular feature of ours
when we used to attend 'Supercar Sunday'.  As it stands at the moment, Gaydon require all visitors over 11yrs
to wear a face covering whilst inside the museum buildings.
The museum has in the past couple of years undergone a major overhaul.  During the day, we will invite entries
and voting in our traditional 'Peoples Choice' competition, with the winner getting a trophy that evening. 
Between returning from Gaydon, and the evening meal, there will no doubt be an opportunity for a bit of tinkering
for those who need any technical help or advice with their cars.
In the evening, I would expect us to go to the restaurant for dinner around 7.30-8.00pm.  Due to the numbers, 
the restaurant may want us to pre-book our meals to help the kitchen out and also make sure our meals all come
out together and in good time.  I will confirm this though.  After dinner, we will have talks, presentations, and 
generally relax and have a good time.

Sunday 20th June 2021 - Bicester Heritage, Bicester, Oxfordshire.  I have arranged that we will have a Club stand
at their 'Super Scramble' event.  Bicester Heritage is familiar to some members here and is an excellent day out with
lots too see and do, plus we will be part of a larger multi-marque event so it will be an opportunity to mingle with 
other clubs and owners and look around their cars as well as showing off our own.

The caveat of course, is the spectre of Covid-19, and of course none of us have a crystal ball and can predict with any
certainty where we will be 9 months from now.  All we can do is hope, that things will have improved, and that we can
have a safe and Covid secure event and celebrate 40 years of the DeLorean DMC-12 and 25 years of the DeLorean Owners 
Club UK.

Hotel: https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/...LBC_BICOXF
British Motor Museum: https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/
Bicester Heritage: https://bicesterheritage.co.uk/

I really hope as many of you as possible are able to support this event and come along, with or without a DeLorean.  We are
a family friendly club, so please don't feel you need to leave partners or children at home to come along and join in the fun.

Thank you for your support, and on behalf of the Club Committee, we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible 
next year.
All booked! lets look forward to some normality next year.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Just booked a room for 3 off us. Not sure if our car will make it but you never know! Darren
Thats great, thank you for your support Smile
Booked for Friday night and Saturday night!
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Leanne and I are booked in for Friday and Saturday night. Planning on arrving in the afternoon of the Friday to have a wander around Bicester village etc before the evening time for catching up with friends, new and old, for the rest of the weekend. See you all there!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
With the country now back in Lockdown for at least 6 weeks (which could easily stretch to 12), I'm watching
things very carefully with regards to the event.
With the vaccine roll out happening, hopefully it will be a success and we can hopefully have a safe event.
If anything changes over the coming months I will of course update this thread accordingly.
(06 Jan 2021, 16:08)Guinney1971 Wrote: With the country now back in Lockdown for at least 6 weeks (which could easily stretch to 12), I'm watching
things very carefully with regards to the event.
With the vaccine roll out happening, hopefully it will be a success and we can hopefully have a safe event.
If anything changes over the coming months I will of course update this thread accordingly.

hopefully we can still do this event I'm holding off booking the hotel for now till at least a month before just in case the world throws us another curveball.

but still im still excited for that weekend to arrive if it still goes ahead
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Quote:hopefully we can still do this event I'm holding off booking the hotel for now till at least a month before just in case the world throws us another curveball.

but still im still excited for that weekend to arrive if it still goes ahead
Yehh it's a bit up in the air, none the less I have booked and paid, good thing is (by paying a bit more) you can cancel right up to the last day and get a full refund so that's the route I have gone down. I'm still hopeful that things will have turned a corner by then. (fingers crossed)
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Likewise, I'd love to come but I'm holding off booking for now.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Like the other Chris, Leanne and I are booked and paid, but with a cancellation with full refund as long as we cancel with at least 1 month before the booked dates. So hopefully we wont have to cancel, but if so, then there's a hopeful addition requirement for us that we know what's happening a month in advance!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)