Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Gearbox wanted
Thats the one...good as gold with me. I don't normally read reviews ...always somebody moaning!1
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Can I also suggest speaking to Paul Cunningham who's on the Renault Owners Club/Renault
Classic Car Club's on Facebook, he's often got stuff kicking about and I think he had a few
gearboxes and engines. He's a bit of a Renault guru and has a R25 Limousine.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
(29 Jul 2021, 21:15)Guinney1971 Wrote: Can I also suggest speaking to Paul Cunningham who's on the Renault Owners Club/Renault
Classic Car Club's on Facebook, he's often got stuff kicking about and I think he had a few
gearboxes and engines.  He's a bit of a Renault guru and has a R25 Limousine.

Sorry didn't see your post until now! Yes I've spoken with Paul a few times and he is very helpful. He got rid of the autobox from his limo and installed a diesel manual setup. He didn't know of any autoboxes around and reckoned I should just go ahead getting it rebuilt.

My autobox has been rebuilt as has just arrived today. The repair company have said that the vacuum modulator would need to be checked after the box is installed so I will have to look for someone in NI to do this.
Also the rebuild they did didn't include refurbing the governor computer so fingers crossed it works ok. Given how troublesome they seem to be I am expecting to have to remove it at some point.