Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late To The Party
Hey guys!

John from near York here.

Having been and owner, and a member for over five years now, I thought I should stop being so antisocial and get involved.

Have met some of you guys before at Really Retro Show in 2018.

Hope everyone is doing alright.

John
Welcome to the party pal! (as Brucie would say) Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hi John and welcome to the forum. Hopefully you'll find it a great source of information and interest for DeLorean social, historical and technical matters! Lots of very clever and experienced people on here!

What have been the highlights of your DeLorean ownership to date?

I have had some epic trips, great weekends, made some good pals and overcome some major technical challenges with mine (since a virtually prehistoric 2004!)
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Welcome John...you've done well keeping such a low profile for 5 years! I must have seen in in 2018, but my memory for names it getting worse. Do you get to use your car much?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(17 Jan 2020, 16:53)Rissy Wrote: Welcome to the party pal! (as Brucie would say) Big Grin
Nice [emoji16][emoji108]

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

(17 Jan 2020, 17:56)Rich Hanlon Wrote: Hi John and welcome to the forum. Hopefully you'll find it a great source of information and interest for DeLorean social, historical and technical matters! Lots of very clever and experienced people on here!

I have had some epic trips, great weekends, made some good pals and overcome some major technical challenges with mine (since a virtually prehistoric 2004!)
Hi Rich.

Thanks a lot [emoji4]

I bought my car in 2014, and have had some great times. A real highlight was the really retro show in the Midlands in 2018. Was great to meet some of the club members, and was incredible to see so many DeLoreans together. I think there were nine cars that day if I remember correctly.
Also used as our wedding car in 2016, which was a dream come true.
And was brill owning the car on Oct 21st 2015. We're big BTTF fans in this house, so threw a big BTTF costume party. Was a real novelty having friends pose with the car in costume.

Many more happy memories to come I'm sure. Really hoping to get to Belfast next year.

(17 Jan 2020, 17:56)Rich Hanlon Wrote: Hi John and welcome to the forum. Hopefully you'll find it a great source of information and interest for DeLorean social, historical and technical matters! Lots of very clever and experienced people on here!

A few pics. [Image: 2871fb8095b1f1668db6e6c31ef018d9.jpg][Image: e2b6831cc2420008a714a9692f24d52e.jpg][Image: 77d0069740fb61812068df9ddf5849ef.jpg]

(17 Jan 2020, 19:03)Chris P Wrote: Welcome John...you've done well keeping such a low profile for 5 years! I must have seen in in 2018, but my memory for names it getting worse. Do you get to use your car much?
Hi Chris,

We did meet briefly at the show. My wife and I stayed at the hotel the evening before, and I think you met everyone at the show the following day didn't you?

I got your book for my birthday a few years ago. It's fantastic [emoji108]

In the summer I generally get out in my car once a week on average. Didn't get a lot of use last summer, as my wife and I had a baby in June, so was a bit of a hectic year, ha. And then my car failed its MOT in July unfortunately. Wasn't completely unexpected. Sections of the frame are in a bad way, so it's paying a visit to Chris Nicholson in the next few months all being well.