Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN 3010
The day has finally come! To be honest I thought it would've taken me way longer but after just 3/4 month of really, actively looking to buy...I am the owner of Delorean VIN 3010, grey interior, 5-speed manual with gas flap hood. 

Like other people here, I've been a BTTF fan since I was like 10, have collected every possible material item and replica from the trilogy, have an entire sleeve tattoo about it (with 2 Deloreans in it) and I’ve also done the filming location tour in Los Angeles twice. 

I was about time I got the last (and best) thing of them all, an actual Delorean car Smile

Since I decided to buy a car and started looking online and on the forums, my passion went beyond the movie and I came to actually really love and appreciate the car as “just a really cool classic car” instead of just as a movie character. 

I was about to buy a huge project/restoration car a few weeks ago when the opportunity came flying at my door from California for this car which is in pretty good condition (compared to the other one) and is a runner. 

I finalized the sale yesterday and the car will probably ship sometime next week.

Not sure how much actually needs to be done there but I’m looking forward to it arriving in Southampton!

Looking forward to connecting with the other owners now that I’m “one of you” and be at car meetings around the UK and Europe Smile 

Here are all the images I have so far: https://imgur.com/a/qr7xjDo
Well done, bit odd, it looks to have been stored for some time yet some of the parts (shocks) are probably not that old. Certainly had some money thrown at it, not completely original but nothing that should cause any issues at a guess. It will be a superb Christmas pressie!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
nice one Alan, car doesn't look in too bad shape, and being a runner is a bonus.
Looks like its had a re-trim at some point in the past (not uncommon, as cars from hot states do suffer with sun damage), as the interior coverings are definitely not original.
However, that looks like a sound basis for a project car, and Grey/5spd is one of the most desireable combo's, so well done!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Congratulation on your purchase Smile
Well done Alan.........plenty of little jobs to keep you occupied, great spec and a nice project.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Thanks everyone! I’m really happy with it! Would love to bring all the interior back to stock sooner or later. Will see how it goes! I’ll post more photos as soon as I have them Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The car is ready for pick up at the seller's place! 

Looks like I got a few goodies with it! Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

The car has reached the shipping yard, they sent me some detail photos Smile

Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ew3xmC...1lVtHiP_fc
Well done Alan, That's a nice car with a healthy collection of DeLorean World magazines and manuals.

Nothing beats seeing the car in person for the first time. Best of luck  Cool

Do you know what the underneath is like?
DOC 116
VIN 6237
(30 Sep 2019, 15:27)Stuart Rees Wrote: Well done Alan, That's a nice car with a healthy collection of DeLorean World magazines and manuals.

Nothing beats seeing the car in person for the first time. Best of luck  Cool

Do you know what the underneath is like?

Not ALL OF IT... I just have those few photos but the car hasn’t been lifted enough to take a good look underneath... hopefully no big surprises [emoji1696][emoji12]

I think they are mostly worksop manuals etc. No matter, always nice to get a few bits and bobs included.

It looks like he has another couple of d's outside ?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(30 Sep 2019, 16:11)Chris P Wrote: I think they are mostly worksop manuals etc. No matter, always nice to get a few bits and bobs included.

It looks like he has another couple of d's outside ?

Yes, I think I can say it here (wouldn’t on Facebook), but I bought the car from Donald Steger ex DMC California. He was also working on the 300+ miles car that’s popped up recently at the same time as he had mine there (plus a few more). Smile

Congrats on your purchase Alan!
Owner of VIN #6706
Based in the West Midlands
Awesome stuff!
Look forward to meeting you and the car in the future  Cool
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
Great to see more pictures, although whats going on with the wiper stalk and rear louvre, have they been heat damaged or chewed by something?

My car came in from California, shipping included going through the Panama Canal and the car took about 6 weeks to get from Port to Port. This was back in 2002, my car was on the Hapag-Lloyd Singapore Express Smile

Fingers crossed your car will arrive in good time, and you can get stuck into DeLorean ownership Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie