Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Retro 5th Anniversary Meet 23 June 2019
Email received from the organisers - if someone would like to take over organising this (assuming the Club would like to attend again), then please get in touch with me (treasurer@deloreans.co.uk), as I've got a few health issues at the moment and it is unlikely that I'll be able to attend.
Thanks, Claire 

Good Evening Claire,

As a valued client of Midlands Car Shows and Really Retro events I wanted to send a brief reminder. On Sunday 23rd June we will be celebrating 5 years of all things Really Retro!

Our website has had a clean up, gone has all the text and its now mobile friendly:  www.reallyretroshow.com

We are accepting club bookings!
As you won the award for best club stand last year all your members can attend RR19 for FREE!

To confirm your spot, just email us at  midlandscarshows@gmail.com  with the number of passes you need and they will be sent to you in the post!

We hope you will join us at the Midlands biggest static Retro car event. 

Kind Regards
Paul Jeffries
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Can anyone interested please contact Paul Jeffries: midlandscarshows@gmail.com
This was a good show last year, and i think we'll all agree, that those of us who went, had a good time. The only thing i'd say is that i found it VERY HOT and sun burny with little chance of reprieve from the elements. I'd hope that it is nice again this year, but perhaps a bit more cloudy so I don't get burnt again.

Leanne and I discussed this event the other week, and we both agreed we'd go again. However, there is a chance that we'd be going in a non DeLorean (If others are going of course), because i'm hopeful to get some work covered on LEX this year, which will mean she's undriveable (I've not done any real work to her since 2015 and i'd like to sort some stuff out before 2021's big 40th celebrations)

I think the best thing at the moment is for people to show hands of interest for going again, then we can take it from there.

As a start, I'll put Leanne and I down, all be it probably without LEX.

Chris + Leanne (no DeLorean)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I've had the organisers contact me, they have 20 free passes for us and so far no one has shown an
interest, which they are saddened by as we put on such a good show last year (and won best Club Stand).

If anyone does want to go, can they contact Paul using the details I posted earlier on.
We would have liked to have gone in LEX, but the fact is that LEX is fighting me, needing stuff done - and i never seem to get the time, or the weather to get on with the stuff (every available weekend without unavoidable commitment is necessary to be used as soon as the weather permits). I've got a literal list written up, starting with the easiest job up to the hardest job. I tackled the first job on the list a few weeks ago, and just as I completed it, the passenger side door glass fell out, which meant then getting that fixed. That happened on Monday. Now however, it's put a new twist in the door, meaning I now need to do a striker pin adjustment to get the door to close correctly again! (and this is still an "easy" job by comparison to the others further down the list!)

I can't see her making it out of the driveway this year, and maybe even next year (especially if i have hopes of making Eurofest).
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)