Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Framing John Delorean movie
Here you go folks...you can always listen to Barrie talking about it.

Sent: 30 July 2019 23:57
Subject: News

Listeners to BBC Radio 2 will be able to hear Barrie Wills being interviewed about John DeLorean, the car, the project and the movie 'Framing John DeLorean' by Vanessa Feltz, who is standing in as host of the Jeremy Vine Show, on Thursday 1st August between 1pm and 1.30 pm BST (1200 hours and 1230 hours GMT).

I'm not sure I will be able to tare my Mrs. away from her Birthday lunch......but I might just suggest it! Blush
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Well I managed to Download the film from Sky. I opted for the expensive £9.95 version that I can keep and re-watch it.

I don't want to spoil it for others, because as DeLorean fans, it is required viewing of course. Wink   But I think a few comments are legitimate. (just my observations and opinions)

A lot of the footage I had seen before, but quite a bit was fresh to me.  I must admit I was surprised that Giugiaro didn't get a mention and the design and styling were by default,  attributed to JZ and Bill Colins.

Certain scenes were repeated several times. John's son came over as a complete surprise to me. 

It was a little more critical of JZD than I was expecting and this may not go down well with some Die-hard fans. 

Clearly a lot of work had gone into it, and its a rich resource for the future.  But as time marches on...40 years....I guess it has limited appeal for the general public. Hence its lack of big screen release I suppose, which ia a great pity  Sad
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Easily for me, zach delorean was the biggest shock.
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
(31 Jul 2019, 23:40)DMC1983 Wrote: Easily for me, zach delorean was the biggest shock.

Agreed. I feel bad for Kathryn and Zach. Now I’m sure as owners we have all been the butt of cocaine
jokes etc. But I can’t imagine that for young kids. It must have been truly awful.

I just got to listen to Barrie on Radio 2. I thought it was a good interview.

Chris, glad you got to download the movie. 

Nick
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/