Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN 5219
These convex mirrors are great. I can finally see out the side mirrors now. Had to fix the driver side motor as it didnt go through full travel left to right. A bit of contact cleaner sorted that and a bit for the passenger side too for good measure.

If you havent already, you should definitely upgrade to the convex. Theyre fantastic. Before all i could see, if i was lucky, was the rear panel magnified by 100. Now i can see all the smiling faces ive overtaken

- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
The fast indicator has now been fixed with the use of the updated flasher relay. The hap hazard hazards have been sorted simply by swapping the bulbs/lamps to LEDs. Rear has been upgraded to LED with new tail light boards too. So aside from the headlights, which are H4, all the exterior lights are LEDs and all is working as it should. Yay!

Ive updated the A/C panel to LED and will try to sort out the light bleed. Its good to know i dont have the heat of 5 suns behind the A/C panel now and its much brighter. The binnacle will also get the LED treatment when i get the urge to be an upsidedown contortionist. 

Ive also now implemented a fan override switch. Just waiting on another dummy switch as i screwed up drilling one and i dont want to drill the originals. The fog light is now in a dummy switch and the car really is getting there.
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
FINALLY! My V5C "logbook" arrived today. I will be getting plates made up tomorrow morning and then im going for a long, overdue cruise.

It took just under 2.5weeks to register without any problems. 

- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
Well since i now have plates made up you can probably tell that ive been out cruising today. The car drove perfectly. Ive taken a few people out for a quick spin, and i went for a cruise down southend sea front with the door open which was really cool. Couldnt exactly go fast since everyone wanted to drive no faster than 15mph anyway, so i figured, what the hell. Its been a great day and now im off again to get a celebratory meal of my accomplishment. I can finally start enjoying the car. 

Hopefully youll choose one of my pictures i took today for the next club calendarer 

- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
Great progress and great pics!
Glad to see you are enjoying your hard work.
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
Thanks. Its been a long time coming. Loving the ride. I intend to drive it as often as possible. I dont understand why some people buy a delorean and hardly drive it.

Some more calendar contenders

Thats a canon you can see through the open doors
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
I'll try to update this thread over the coming week. For now I'll mention about Barrie Wills talk I attended in Nov 2019. 

I drove the car 100 odd miles to Warwick where I was Mr Wills happy chauffeur to the event. I had met Barrie once prior when I attended a cinema showing of Framing John Delorean at the Prince Charles cinema, Chinatown, London (along with financial controller David Adams). It was great as I got to sit next to Barrie during the film and got a sort of audio commentary from him throughout.

So, made it to Warwick without any problems. Picked Barrie up and drove him to the event at the Bridgehouse Theatre. We had an hour to kill and the car drew a crowd all taking pictures and asking questions. 

Barrie wanted to do the John Delorean pose which I allowed. How could I say no?

I also asked if Barrie would sign my car to which he obliged with a funny note too...

Barries talk lasted an hour and was informative and he presented pictures I'd not seen before. A very nice chap indeed. 

On the way home it decided to pour down with rain and the car handled like a champ without fault. Was a fun day and a great test of the cars capability. 

- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
He's not a bad bloke is he!, it's a shame the film didn't get a wider showing in the UK, I really think with all the big multi-screen places around the country they could have allocated a few showings in some of them, I think there would have been sufficient demand for that.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Cool pictures Smile
I think we must face to the fact that the film was judged to have very little general appeal. It obviously was interesting to us "anoraks" , but not to the man in the street.

It must have been a huge disappointment to all the folk who had put in so much effort.  Sad
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
It was never going to be a crowd puller sadly. The cinema had about 20 odd people in attendance and 12 of them were Barries friends who joined him.
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
Thats a shame, I'd love to see the film, but I dont think they do a R2 DVD of it, and we dont have Amazon or Netflix or any of the film channels in our TV package, so I'm not sure how we'd get to see it.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
(20 May 2020, 16:27)Guinney1971 Wrote: Thats a shame, I'd love to see the film, but I dont think they do a R2 DVD of it, and we dont have Amazon or Netflix or any of the film channels in our TV package, so I'm not sure how we'd get to see it.

I will PM you a link to watch on your laptop now.

If you have HDMI out on your laptop, you can watch on the TV
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Love a night shot of the car. Its great my workplace has a secure carpark and I think the other employees are getting used to seeing it now. Still.... the coolest car in the car park.... so ive been told

- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
Looking good as always mate
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie