Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN 4933 for sale ddclassics
Super low mileage on this one. I enquired for price, VIN etc. It’s clean but asking for £45K!

http://ddclassics.com/car-listing/delorean-dmc-12-rhd/
DavidB

VIN# - Pending
2022 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2019 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander 5hs PHEV

Very heavy price in the current market...makes my new RHD look like a bargain !
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Is it my imagination or is that interior *really* pale?
Crazy mileage tho !
(11 Oct 2018, 07:44)Dave M Wrote: Crazy mileage tho !

Having been down that route a few times,  with a RHD with 4 miles on the clock and a 1983 one with 110 miles on. Believe me, such cars may still need some of the usual areas addressing ...water pump...leaking pipework...stuck brakes etc etc. and possibly leaking crank seals etc etc. due to lack of use.

It all depends how they have been stored and if the local wildlife have taken up residence, wether its been in a damp place for some of its life...or too much sun?   The label in the engine bay looks a funny colour to me! 

Such cars are OK in a static display or a museum, for people to wonder about......Once you sort it out and start using it, it will no longer be crazy low mileage car......just another, very rare DeLorean. 

In many ways you will get a lot less grief from a nice tidy car, that has been regularly used and properly maintained... with 60k+

And it will cost a LOT less money...... Just my opinion of course......now working on my 19th!

Looking again at the photo's...its silencer is more rusty than I'd expect, it looks grubby underneath and why has it had new seat covers fitted? More to that one than meets the eye...again. just my opinion....
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
No way has that only done 389 miles, look at the shiny steering wheel too.
Plus the 'eyebrow' lift which is caused from the heat of the inner headlamps.  Must have been stuck in some very slow traffic (at night) for those miles!!

Additional switch in the spare switch blank next to the electric window switches, so its been tinkered with.  Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that, but just unlikely if so few miles.  Worn headlamp switch carefully covered by the shifter due to the angle of the shot.  Plus rusty silencer as Chris says.

Don't get me wrong it's a beauty, but I wouldn't believe the mileage on the face of it.

I suspect it's just had a new instrument cluster or speedo, they're so simple to swap over.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Here’s the blurb from the website.

It does sound a little odd. Not sure what it has been doing in the UK since 2014. 

Quote:This incredible time warp car prior to coming to the UK in 2014 has spent much of its existence in the hot, dry Texas climate, the leather interior had begun showing its age, as the stitching is starting to come loose. A full, new upholstery kit was ordered from the DeLorean Motor Company and recently installed to best reflect the true quality of this highly original example, and it truly brings its condition ‘back to the future.’ The car has been further enhanced from a full cosmetic detail and a replacement of the often weakened and ageing door struts. The body and unique silver panels have remained largely free of any sort of dents or damage and still, have the appropriate panel gap alignment. Adding to its mechanical completeness is the original Craig digital cassette sound system, as well as the DeLorean’s unusual and seldom-seen factory space-saver spare wheel and tire.

At just 389 miles it is without doubt one of the least used example available to the market today and a very special opportunity to acquire 1 of these iconic motor cars.
DavidB

VIN# - Pending
2022 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2019 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD

Quote:a replacement of the often weakened and ageing door struts.

Those guys could teach estate agents a thing or two.
Glad you spotted that Matt, Estate agents and used car salesmen have a lot in common.

If I'm going to spend big money on a 'Low Mileage" car....I think its fair to assume it is pretty much 'untouched' since it left the factory. 

This is not such a car, but a recently restored...or fettled up...or what ever you want to call it, now tidy example.

Obviously the heat and sun of Texas can cause a lot more damage, than 20 years in a damp, snail filled, lock-up garage in London, followed by another 15 years resting in a Essex field.  But at least mine is an 'honest car'.

Lets put it this way, no way would I swap my recently bought, non-running, rusty, neglected, RHD restoration project for it! 

And guess what? ......even my "Ultra-rare" RHD example, has one of the  'seldom-seen' spare wheels......in fact all my previous car had them.  Perhaps not quite so 'seldom-seen'? 

.......At £10-12K less, it may be a fair price for someone.     Just  my opinion of course..
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I was suspicious of it when it appeared 4 years ago with only 203 miles, but with seats that looked to have at least 204 miles+ on them (hence the new DMCH seat faces in the current listing)

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/sp14/...-12/182466

Sold back then for $41k.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Interesting.... DDClassics has an almost identical description to the rmsothebys listing above which was 4 years ago!

Both listings refer to the "Sam Pack Collection", I'd never heard of it so I googled and here it is http://www.packautomotivemuseum.com/c109.html
DavidB

VIN# - Pending
2022 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2019 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD

No longer listed so I assume sold? Be interested to see what it went for.