Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted - Door mirror motor
Would anyone have a working one of these lying around? I don't need the whole mirror, just the tilting mechanism. I opened one up to see if it could do with a rebuild, but I seem to have broken part of the casing in the process. As a result it won't stay sealed.

Attached Files Image(s)

(07 Oct 2018, 00:23)MML Wrote: Would anyone have a working one of these lying around? I don't need the whole mirror, just the tilting mechanism. I opened one up to see if it could do with a rebuild, but I seem to have broken part of the casing in the process. As a result it won't stay sealed.

Ooh, never seen inside one of those before!

it MUST be off some other more commonly available car, surely that's not a bespoke item...

Are there any manufacturer's marks or anything anywhere on it?

Some of the 'high spec' Delorean bits ( as electric mirrors would have been in 1981) were Jaguar bits - could be a starting point anyway...?  Or Lotus Esprit?  But again, probably borrowed from something more common...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
FWIW I posted a big write up on Mirror repair on DMC Talk - it won't help you much with this problem though :-(

The thread includes pictures of the motor and the following text ... ...

The motor can be removed, by unscrewing the 3 phillips screws. Interesting enough there are 5 plastic fixing lugs. the D only uses 3 of them. The motor has the following numbers stamped on it 102060 in one place, and 102063-2 in another location of the motor. I wonder if this is a generic motor used in other applications?

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15782-...-pictures)
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)