Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holley carb conversion.
Hi guys, 
I've Been thinking lately about doing a carb conversion for my car, 
Probably a Holley 390 cfm. 
Is this something someone has done? 
And what are your thoughts on this please.
How will you mount the carb? - have you a manifold in mind?
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
It's been done multiple times in the US. There is a whole subforum on dmctalk about carbs
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Why would you do such a thing?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
(28 Sep 2018, 14:49)SpudMurphy Wrote: How will you mount the carb? - have you a manifold in mind?

My friend will make a manifold, he's a fabricator by trade. He really good. He's keen on the idea.

(28 Sep 2018, 15:20)Dangermouse Wrote: It's been done multiple times in the US. There is a whole subforum on dmctalk about carbs

Great thank you. ????

(28 Sep 2018, 15:30)Rissy Wrote: Why would you do such a thing?

It's just a thought a thought moment, but my k jet has always been a pain. And I think it might be a cool project.
There is a club member who is removing a carb set up and re-verting back to K-Jet in the UK, but for the life of me I cant remember who! Dave Howarth knows however so it may be worth giving him a call. there may be a deal to be done on the parts?
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
In my experience the K jet system is brilliant, if properly set up and as a bonus, if it is left standing for years, providing the air cleaner has been left in place......the engine seems protected from most of the elements. Carbs tend to let more damp into a neglected engine. Just my opinion, but "if it ain't broke ----don't fix it.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I think some people switch to carbs as they add power and are simpler to adjust over early injection systems? Well that's why early VW Golf GTI owners do it anyway - would that apply to the Delorean?

They also sound better than a injected engine seemingly.

It was done in a recent episode of Fifth Gear to a Golf GTI in their new modding section that's why it came to my mind.
#1373 - Black, Manual, Gas Flap

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."