Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article on 4 seat custom DeLorean
Hi all - there's a decent article and video on Jalopnik for their Build of the Week. A custom DeLorean with 2 extra seats.

https://jalopnik.com/worlds-greatest-dad...1829034103

Makes me think of the setup in a Porsche. Nice that he used a related engine.
#1373 - Black, Manual, Gas Flap

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."
Neat idea and well executed but not a huge fan of the brown interior mainly on the dash where its still black on top and brown lower down.
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
I love the brown interior...I always thought that was one of the best features of Proto 1.

It looks a good conversion...are we looking at one or two cars...(I didn't read all the blurb).

(off topic..but I received a Master-Class in freeing off a stuck plunger in the Bosch metering head today, from Andrew Westerman)
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I think he tested on the shell of a crashed car he had but then did the conversion to his actual car.

I like the tan interior too - looks plush

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."
What I meant Chris is that its showing homage to proto 1 with the interior but I could have done with the top of the dash being brown as to me it just looks odd without it being the same colour. Still its cool and ingenious
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
(15 Sep 2018, 18:20)Chris P Wrote: (off topic..but I received a Master-Class in freeing off a stuck plunger in the Bosch metering head today, from Andrew Westerman)

Did it by any chance involve holding the metering head in your hand and giving it a few sharp taps with a hammer? - (Newtons third law)
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
Nothing as crude as that Spud..

...special high quality mole type grips on the protruding but solidly stuck plunger.....heat-gun up to about 85c, (using a digital laser thermometer) gentle twisting and pulling...mil by mil until if finally came out...then soaking the plunger in acetone and repeated rubs with kitchen roll until it looked like new.....then repeated cotton buds down the hole dipped in acetone, repeated until it was clean .. Not too much acetone as it could damage the internals.

Andrew was adamant that we didn't use any sort of abrasive...no wire wool.... no metal polish...not even t-cut...nothing!  The tolerances are so fine that it could ruin it (apparently).  Anyway, it gently goes in and out under its own weight, now it is cleaned of the dried petrol residue.
This is a UK car, apparently ones with old US fuel can be much worse!

It will be interesting to see if it actually works...later this week.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(17 Sep 2018, 09:50)Chris P Wrote: Nothing as crude as that Spud..

...special high quality mole type grips on the protruding but solidly stuck plunger.....heat-gun up to about 85c, (using a digital laser thermometer) gentle twisting and pulling...mil by mil until if finally came out...then soaking the plunger in acetone and repeated rubs with kitchen roll until it looked like new.....then repeated cotton buds down the hole dipped in acetone, repeated until it was clean .. Not too much acetone as it could damage the internals.

Andrew was adamant that we didn't use any sort of abrasive...no wire wool.... no metal polish...not even t-cut...nothing!  The tolerances are so fine that it could ruin it (apparently).  Anyway, it gently goes in and out under its own weight, now it is cleaned of the dried petrol residue.
This is a UK car, apparently ones with old US fuel can be much worse!

It will be interesting to see if it actually works...later this week.

100% on the "no abrasive/wire wool etc"
I was in my garage with my trusty 71 year old ex Volvo guy - many months ago. 
He had previously told me that I could take the metering head off but on no account was I to strip it down any further. My plunger was a bit "iffy".
He literally applied a few sharp taps to the head and out it popped - I have to say without his help there is no way would I have got 11789 running at the time.
look forward to the impending write up/photos.
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
I realise we have hijacked Priesh’s thread - sorry

But Chris - I’m looking forward to further pics and possibly a video of the first start.
Smile
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Just lifted the fuel pump...stinks awful ...a lot a cleaning needed in there before we move on.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(15 Sep 2018, 17:03)priesh Wrote: Nice that he used a related engine.

It would be nice to see that donor Alpine GTA Atmo saved too as it's a rare beast. Only 212 RHD Atmo models built and only 582 RHD GTAs produced in total.
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Wow that is rare. I wonder if he still has it and plans to restore