Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
keep blowing a fuse
NickT Wrote:Double check that the actual fuse holder itself hasn't melted on the underside and caused a short circuit.

NickT.

Ah, good call, ok next question.... how does one remove the fuse box? Looks complicated in there!!!!!
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
The fuse box is held in by 2no metal 'retainers' ... just wiggle it out of them Smile
Bugger it, ran out of time today to have a look at the back of the fuse panel.

Took the driver side knee pads off anyway in anticipation of taking the binnacle off. Got me thinking though.... always a bad sign.
If I just remove the leads to the Rheostat (spelling?) that dims the dash lights, would this have the same effect as taking the instrument lights out of the circuit?

I'm still working on this fault finding thing.

Is there anything I can do with a multi-meter that would tell me where I may have a short?

I can see this could be one of those really annoying little problems that you have to tear that car apart to find out! Sad I hope not though.

Stu
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

Emagine Productions

Ok,

Removed all the bulbs and bulb holders on the right hand side of the car.
Tail lights, side markers front and back and front indicators. Even pushing the red cable all the way through the holder so it doesn't touch the holder itself.

Removed the spade connector from the rear licence plate light

Even disconnected the connector under the coil covers that connects the rear light loom.

Removed all the spade connectors to the cigar lighter and the rheostat

I've made sure none of the spade connectors I have removed are touching anything.

I've checked under the fuse panel as far as I can see there doesn't seem to be a short there.

AND ITS STILL POPPING FUSE 8

I'm kinda lost now.... I guess I have to wait till Eurotec for some of guys to help me out.... I'm proper scratching my head and my chin on this one.... I guess I just have a short somewhere. Now how the hell do I find that?

Stu
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

Emagine Productions

Heck Stu thats a bummer.

Im sure between us all we will find out what the problem is, seems like its a 'have to be there' sort now ...
yep.... I think I've covered as many bases as I can think of
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

Emagine Productions

Emagine Wrote:Ok,

Removed all the bulbs and bulb holders on the right hand side of the car.
Tail lights, side markers front and back and front indicators. Even pushing the red cable all the way through the holder so it doesn't touch the holder itself.

Removed the spade connector from the rear licence plate light

Even disconnected the connector under the coil covers that connects the rear light loom.

Removed all the spade connectors to the cigar lighter and the rheostat

I've made sure none of the spade connectors I have removed are touching anything.

I've checked under the fuse panel as far as I can see there doesn't seem to be a short there.

AND ITS STILL POPPING FUSE 8

I'm kinda lost now.... I guess I have to wait till Eurotec for some of guys to help me out.... I'm proper scratching my head and my chin on this one.... I guess I just have a short somewhere. Now how the hell do I find that?

Stu

With fuse 8 in does it light up the side markers on the doors?
I once traced a short to a wire that had come off and shorted to the stainless body (earth).
I re-crimped the connections where spare light holders had been re-fitted (poorly)

NickT.