Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEC Classic Motor Show 2018
Thanks for the replies guys.. 

Saturday is out of the equation now because my friend Martyn is coming over early, bringing us over, and taking us back too.. 

So that only leaves Thursday Afternoon, Friday morning, Friday afternoon and Sunday morning. 

It wouldn't be so bad, but this time our hotel isn't even on a bus route, 1.2 miles walk to the closest viable bus stop, and smack between 2 roundabouts on the B4114... A place called " The Old Barn" 

And of course, even the the timing may be bad, so aside getting a taxi, it's a bit of a headache. Of course it would have been great to afford a hotel on site at £700+ for the weekend, but unfortunately we ain't all in that position! 

So if anyone can make a slight diversion, it would be greatly appreciated ♥ 

See you all over the weekend 

Ben

Scrap that... We are now in the coach hotel in Coleshill..  A bit closer, but above still applies ?
Sorry guys I can't make it - really wanted to get to know everyone better but my eyes are still giving me jip. Hopefully catch some of you at the next club meet.
#1373 - Black, Manual, Gas Flap

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."
well we got home about 7.15pm this evening, can I just give a massive shout of thanks to everyone in the Club who works their arses off
each year to give up their time and energy and money to put on a Club Stand. You really do us proud.

Chris W, Chris P, Mike and Mary Hooper, John Chapelhow, Ben Matthews and Rachel, Rich Hutchinson, Chris Nicholson, etc, the list goes on.

Hope everyone got home ok safely, and look forward to seeing those of you who can make it at the Xmas meet on 8th December at the 50's American
Diner near Swadlincote in Derbyshire.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Just to add my appreciation too for all the hard work put in by everybody manning the stand and being great ambassadors for the car and the club. It was nice to have a catch up on Saturday with some folks I haven't seen for a long while and the stand looked great as usual. Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126