Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all!
Hi all,

I’m a new member to the club. Ive been a delorean fan since I was a kid having grown up only a few minutes from the Dunmurry factory. I don’t yet have a Delorean but I do plan on buying one. 

Anyway, I’m looking forward to spending some time on the site and getting to know everyone. 

David
DavidB

VIN# - Pending
2022 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2019 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander 5hs PHEV

Welcome David, I've been to Dunmurry loads of times when researching our book. Many of us will be there again in 2021 for the big event . Do you think you might have a car by then?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Thanks For the welcome Chris. I have a copy of your book and am making my way through it. I’m really enjoying it so far. 

I hope to have a car by 2021 yes so I could well be joining you there!

I’m not entirely sure what configuration I want yet. I do think I want something that needs a little bit of work, but not many years worth. At least not first time around. I’ll just have to keep my eyes peeled and see what all is out there. 

David
DavidB

VIN# - Pending
2022 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2019 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD

(27 Aug 2018, 20:57)MrToast Wrote: Thanks For the welcome Chris. I have a copy of your book and am making my way through it. I’m really enjoying it so far. 

I hope to have a car by 2021 yes so I could well be joining you there!

I’m not entirely sure what configuration I want yet. I do think I want something that needs a little bit of work, but not many years worth. At least not first time around. I’ll just have to keep my eyes peeled and see what all is out there. 

David

Hi Mr Toast.
Welcome.
I'm a relatively new owner myself and I bought a Delorean as a project - mainly because my funds would not allow me get a turn key pristine example.

You may have to manage your expectations when "the day arrives" for you to get one?

For example there may be an "Automatic" available close to you, that meets all other requirements - otherwise you may end up chasing a dream and paying a lot more perhaps?

Good luck in your chase - mine is taking a while to refurb - but I always knew that was going to be the case - my "excuse" is that I don't retire until December and my D was supposed to be a retirement project taking 2 years with no body off process involved (I now of course realise that the body off process isn't too daunting .. but I am stymied for space).
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
Thanks Spud!

I like the idea of tinkering away at DeLorean to get it looking/running great, but I also want to be able to drive it and enjoy it! A "body off" wouldn't work in my garage space so a good point to keep in mind!

I guess its finding the right balance and knowing when to stop tinkering!
DavidB

VIN# - Pending
2022 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2019 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD

(30 Aug 2018, 16:28)MrToast Wrote: Thanks Spud!

I like the idea of tinkering away at DeLorean to get it looking/running great, but I also want to be able to drive it and enjoy it!  A "body off" wouldn't work in my garage space so a good point to keep in mind!

I guess its finding the right balance and knowing when to stop tinkering!

Yup it's the tinkering away that is the enjoyable bit!! I've also done a fair bit of "preventative maintenance" to try and make the car as reliable as possible. Joe Public doesn't see "that "work but in the back of my mind I'll be glad that I carried it out.
e.g. Door strut mounting point.
re-route of loom and protection against heat
Louvre repair and bonnet repair (a bit more than just sticking the broken bits together)
Ground update
Alternator bracket mod (turnbuckle)
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
welcome to the forum, I took #2292 home to Dunmurry in 2006, as long as she has her new engine, etc, by then, I'd love to bring her back in 2021.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie