Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance.... Agreed value - Adrian Flux
After a few weeks of waiting for Adrian Flux to come back with my agreed valuation, they have finally come back with a rather crap valuation of £29,500 !!!!

I took perfect photos showing all angles they required, the car looked excellent.
Only 15,500 miles showing on the clock in the pics.....

I asked for £35,000 - thing is, I know I couldn’t replace mine for £29,500!
I sent them a list of works carried out too!!

Oh I’m so disappointed.

My policy was £190 fully comp in case you wondered
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
The price paid sounds OK to me.

I tend to go for lower valuations to get the price down a bit. Lets be honest, if you looked in some car mag valuations, you'd still be able to buy them for £15K! ....I wish...
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Doesn't the Club, as an FHBVC member, have the ability to give valuations to insurance companies?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
(18 Jul 2018, 09:55)Guinney1971 Wrote: Doesn't the Club, as an FHBVC member, have the ability to give valuations to insurance companies?

I’ve completed the club valuation form now and sent off to a Chris W - hopefully that will help when I give that to Adrian flux.
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
(16 Jul 2018, 22:40)TristanC Wrote: After a few weeks of waiting for Adrian Flux to come back with my agreed valuation, they have finally come back with a rather crap valuation of £29,500 !!!!

I took perfect photos showing all angles they required, the car looked excellent.
Only 15,500 miles showing on the clock in the pics.....

I asked for £35,000 - thing is, I know I couldn’t replace mine for £29,500!
I sent them a list of works carried out too!!

Oh I’m so disappointed.

My policy was £190 fully comp in case you wondered

I called Adrian Flux myself this week found them rude & expensive
Classic Car Rescue Vin 1552 
Restoration project Vin 537
I called them on Thursday and added Pilot 20 back on to my policy and they were quite helpful and didn't query my valuation, charged me another £170 .p/a ..but I can and will cancel and get a pro-rater refund, anytime I want.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I found Flux to up my premium annually (just like what the AA try and do if you let them) and then they started to slowly remove the benefits (like being able to drive other vehicles).  I switched to RH (who also use Equity Red Star like Flux) and have found them to spot on.  The premium has hardly changed and they didn't even charge an admin fee to change the address when I moved house five years ago.  I think I'm on my sixth year with them.  I'd never go back to Flux, loyalty meant nothing to them!
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
(21 Jul 2018, 12:01)Chris Hawes Wrote: I found Flux to up my premium annually (just like what the AA try and do if you let them) and then they started to slowly remove the benefits (like being able to drive other vehicles).  I switched to RH (who also use Equity Red Star like Flux) and have found them to spot on.  The premium has hardly changed and they didn't even charge an admin fee to change the address when I moved house five years ago.  I think I'm on my sixth year with them.  I'd never go back to Flux, loyalty meant nothing to them!

This is my first year insuring a DeLorean, and Flux were the cheapest for me.

Next year I’ll be shopping around again of course.

So far Flux have been on the ball with communications to be fair. But we’ll see if they fair.

Latest request was that I get the car valued by a member of the institute of automotive engineer assessors...... so I hope they’ll accept the clubs valuation...... otherwise, I’ll just leave it as is for now
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Quote:so I hope they’ll accept the clubs valuation...... otherwise, I’ll just leave it as is for now
They always do accept it, so wont be an issue.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(21 Jul 2018, 21:06)Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:so I hope they’ll accept the clubs valuation...... otherwise, I’ll just leave it as is for now
They always do accept it, so wont be an issue.
Chris

Cheers Chris, appreciate it Smile

On another note - my home garage was cleared of a temporary resident in the form of a sofa and 11477 finally took her place at my home.
(Daughter keeps “pinching” herself. She can’t believe there’s a DeLorean in the house)

[Image: 82A88F30-2C0A-41CD-ADD7-776A67803D22.jpeg]

[Image: 2DAEBD4B-F6F0-48D3-B08F-5FB85C1F49A7.jpeg]

[Image: 8BE4C547-99DE-44A1-9023-E99DF1DB0418.jpeg]
[Image: 0C97992B-AED6-4F84-9136-BBA02E05F1F9.jpeg]
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
tbh, I cant really comment on insurance, as we've got a 'Classic and Modern Motor Trade' Policy with Footman James, been with them about 10yrs now.

We've got 12 cars insured, plus anything else we drive, including cars for sale, etc, for £1700. We get stuff like free windscreen cover (no excess) with that.
When the screen broke on our Avantime, and Renault said effectively "no longer available, scrap the car", Adrian Flux (at our suggestion) contacted Uroglass
who as we know make the DeLorean screens, and arranged for a batch of Avantime screens to be made. Whilst you can still buy the Dynamique trim ones, our
car is Privilege spec, so has a heat reflective screen with heated elements, etc. So yes, with tooling, it cost the best part of £6000 to get the screen re-made, but
Uroglass had a batch of 20 made, which they sell at about £650 a pop, and the majority went to Europe as folks were crying out for them (and not prepared to pay
the €4500 that a vendor in Germany wants for them. Total value of our fleet is probably approaching £100k, so £1700 isn't too bad tbh.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
When I first got my Delorean, I was after layover insurance - mines a project car bought for 15K and speaking of Delorean values, that's not unusual for a project car nowadays.
Anyway, I digress. Back in 1975 when I had a custom Baja VW Beetle , Flux were really great to deal as not many insurance companies would touch Custom Cars with a bargepole ...I was with them for years.

Let's now wind the clock forward to the present ...
When I contacted me ol' mates Flux for insurance - it gave me the impression that I was speaking to an adviser in a very large contact Centre?

Me -"Please can I insure my Delorean Car, a DMC 12 on layover."
Flux - "yes - is it a car or a motorcycle?"
I felt like saying - "I've told you, it's a car!"
Instead I just said "it's a car"

Then at the end of the conversation, after being quoted £180 for layover I said ... "no thanks."

Which led to high pressure salesman bullcrap about the offer only available right now! As I have trained hundreds of call centre staff in HMRC, I knew that my initial impression of being handled by a Call Centre, because they were clearly following a "Call Type Process" - and had no real car knowledge.

Flux really went down in my estimation as a result.

I held up and went with Haggerty.
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
(20 Jul 2018, 22:03)Chris P Wrote: I called them on Thursday and added Pilot 20 back on to my policy and they were quite helpful and didn't query my valuation, charged me another £170 .p/a ..but I can and will cancel and get a pro-rater refund, anytime I want.

I take it all back!!!   It was Hegerty who were helpful! ..................  Not  Adrian Flux!    Blush
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I'm with Hagerty; have been for years.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Just an update - Adrian Flux WILL NOT ACCEPT club valuations.

They sent me correspondence as follows;

“We must therefore ask that you forward a valuation from a member of the Institute of Automotive Engineers and Assessors (details of which may be found in the Yellow Pages), or a valuation from http://www.classiccarvaluations.co.uk, that supports the valuation that you have requested.”

They told me they will not accept club valuations. So just a warning to stay away from Flux if you want to get your DeLorean on agreed value.

You may want to add a disclaimer on all their adverts in the club mag!!!  Lol :Big Grin

Cheers
Tris
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales