Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RHD spotted Edinburgh - SIJ 5996

I found some nice pictures of it recently .. Mike Sumner (who is visiting me this weekend) Drove Flashy back to Derby..from the south coast.

I was very sad to learn that the new owner had reverted the car to its standard interior colour. 

It was with doubt one of the best driving cars I've ever had. Big Grin
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(05 Jul 2018, 12:54)Matt Clark Wrote: Come a long way from when I first saw it!

[Image: 5671066918_759d7df57a_b.jpg]

[Image: 5671007878_92059ec87e_b.jpg]

[Image: 5670420267_13ec100f67_b.jpg]

Coming back to this now, kinda wish you had a copy of that stripe now, would be perfect for 5222. maybe its possible for a wrap shop to recreate it from the pics  Huh
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
I think the club member who reproduced it for me live in/ near Homeforth..last of the summer wine country.....he may still have it on his computer ? Perhaps Chris W could look him up? I can't remember his name but he had some sort of graphics company...
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
just seen the posts on this car....its one i was after.

featured on rust in peace in classic car mag...after lots of calls and email tracked the Barmouth location down, close to where we used to holiday in towyn...

one warm February day...even T shirt on, drove down there on spec...walking up and down the site no luck.

after a couple of hours, having given up needed fuel out of Barmouth, a little old fashioned petrol station with attendant.

i stupidly asked 'a daft question but you have not seen a Delorean around these parts' ? pointing finger....yes there it is.

and opposite on waste ground not far from beach was this RHD...how could i miss the unmistakenable outline!.

looking pretty sorry. interior a mess, fluted, yes like trumpets exhaust...no fascias, laquered stainless, in fact bricks holding a tarp. but definately that RHD wheel.

tracked down owner to local hotel.  waited hours for him to sober up and come down....

reckoned a weekend of work would have it on the road. refused to sell but may consider my LHD 1621 plus around £30k!!. that was back in mid 2000's.

much as i would have loved it...not at that cost, so had to decline.

then he went bust many years later, and as we know Chris got the car (i moved a little onto MG's by then!).

Always wanted a RHD, think i shadow you i think Chris P as wanted MGJ too!, and the Bridgnorth car would have been great but always had Peters name on it!.

turns out the infamous wales car, Dave H knew of it and saw it back before RHD conversion, carried out by Ex Wooler H, and with Truck lights too, which incidentally i actually like.

thought i would update all.

Steve
MG SV 125
E21 Baur 320/6 (issue number?)
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Its funny how we set our hearts on a certain car. I still have a full set of photo's of when it was a black interior LHD, then photo's of its conversion to RHD..all very early on. Then it came up for Action in Wales....the rest as they say is History. It was still one of the best driving...and stopping....cars I have ever driven.  I loved the red interior. ...that too is sadly long gone. Things change, things move on......
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I got the car I always wanted from staring at it on the internet when there was a picture of it on the owners website. It was total fluke mind you. I didn't know it was the same car I had been looking for years that I'd now been messing around with all weekend with the previous owner until it came to the point where I was to either make an offer, or walk away. Needless to say, after learning that it was the same car I'd been staring at for years before that, a deal needed making because it was clearly fate in my opinion.

Lucky too, as it was the first car I'd ever gone to view with a potential view to buying. The bad thing was, I had no idea what I was looking at, and was possibly suffering a bit from rose-tinted goggles as it was the only the fourth time I'd ever seen one, and the first time I'd been so close to looking one up and down properly. It could have been a total basket case, and I'd still have probably bought it! Fortunately, it wasn't too bad. Room to improve and put right, but a roadworthy project too.

I'm glad I bought my car that day, because if I hadn't, I probably would never have owned one, and certainly not the one I'd been drooling over for years before that. Prices started rocketing upwards within months of me buying mine, maybe a year at most; to the point where I probably would never have afforded myself the luxury of such an extravagant purchase.

Sorry for drifting the thread off topic.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
(14 Feb 2022, 06:00)Chris P Wrote: Its funny how we set our hearts on a certain car. I still have a full set of photo's of when it was a black interior LHD, then photo's of its conversion to RHD..all very early on. Then it came up for Action in Wales....the rest as they say is History. It was still one of the best driving...and stopping....cars I have ever driven.  I loved the red interior. ...that too is sadly long gone. Things change, things move on......

That car being the first car I'd ever driven, I was quite impressed by the braking - then I drove 1698 and learned that the brake pedal was at best a cosmetic feature...
i also was set on a Pilot.

Pilot 25 was the one, but when it came up for sale i learned some original things had been changed, and i am for strictly oem.

Next might of been the visioneering car...but the owner back then would not sell, though i think he would now at massive cost...

then along came the Pilot car, never remember which is which, 19/20/21....the only auto. the survivors of emissions testing.

i spoken to Sacha? i think his name was and was all for buying the one.

he then put on ebay and i bid plenty, until last minute was pipped at the post for a couple of hundred dollars.

Ken K had purchased it so annoying when you loose out, but even more so i found later that it was just left unrestored, later to be sold to Wolfgang? in Germany i think......yet again i had missed out!.

that ebay day, i would have given Ken another grand to have it off him, and worked on it very slowly, i even wanted to retain the plexiglass window, only 1 seat ever installed, and tape inside showing switchgear etc......

i believe now the doors have been changed to stock, and i know its not my car, but its a Pilot, and the special thing about them is the lack of fit and finish, as they were never meant to have it. 

again sorry way off topic!!
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370