Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new wedge purchase
Hi Guys....no not a Delorean!.

just put a deposit on a Princess 1978 wedge in Reynard metallic.

lovely immaculate light brown velour interior.

2.2HL model, so even has a seatbelt warning flasher!!. mod cons eh?

lovely 6 cylinder manual....bodywork wise okay, bit of rust bottom of doors, and front bottom edge of wind/valance..

believe or not not many on road now.

annoying though, the owners club have just been turned down for the NEC classic car show. pretty bad really as they are quite an iconic Leyland car, at the height of wedge design.

i suppose they need to make room for all the cars for sale, and the 6 MG clubs i gather. 

think this is bad as all British marques/club should have a chance really......

anyway if anyone interested may post a few pics when i get it end of month.

my other car is an E21 BMW 1981 Baur convertible undergoing a (very very slow) restoration!. cant wait to drive her though, again in lovely period copper leaf metallic.

one of the few E21 Baurs on the UK roads (will be!).

Steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Superb choice, I do love a Princess had a couple myself. The NEC is a funny one I have a 'discussion' every year with them about this. They allocate stands on the number of cars in the UK and number of club members, NOT on the popularity of the exhibits. That's why we always get a small stand but are ram packed with visitors then you have 10 MG clubs with huge stands that only have a few visitors on (I have nothing against any MG) In 2016 I had the organiser's on the stand for an hour to show them this but they still cant get it.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Awesome stuff Steve, and an E21 Baur too!! I nearly bought one about 20yrs ago, but it needed work and I
couldn't justify the £700 asking price.

*Smacks head repeatedly against wall*
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie