Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help fitting my regulator from mr frustrated
hi all

still can't get my new window regulator in.

these are from Ed but look like this:

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/mer ... ode=DL01-K

now does anyone know how these fit.

i have one regulator minus motor in the door, but the metal tube is close to the outer stainless and hence no room for motor. should the motor be close to the outer stainless or inner door side?

am i fitting this the right way round.
it is the passenger door of a lhd car.

does anyone have any photos of one of these fitted?.

does the upper bolt on the tube fit to the right hand or left hand hole in the interior door handle support.?

do the new bracket legs need to be bent as mine come no where near any fitting holes.

and finally, why does not the new one fit the old bracket and be a true replacement. it is so different really and i would guess of another car and adapted to fit.

thanx for any help, as i'm getting desperate to fit this.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
http://lukesandel.com/auto/delorean/inf ... wMotor.pdf

Here are PJ Grady instructions. Hope it helps
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
hi chris

thankyou

i have followed these instructions, but they don't really help.

there seems no room for the motor, and it does not say if the new middle fixing is left or right of the interior door handle bracket.

i have fixed mine to the window itself.

but the arm brackets (2 number) are way off. at present i would need to do a lot of bending, but surely this is not right.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
I've not done window things before.
Would the other window motor fit easier?

NickT.
but the arm brackets (2 number) are way off. at present i would need to do a lot of bending, but surely this is not right.[/quote]

i have heard that they have to be played around with to get them to fit
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
yeh i have heard this too Sad

have you emailed Ed to ask for his opinion bud ?
hi

thanx all for the advice.

must admit, have not emailed Ed yet.

just to recap, the top double fixing to glass is in.
the angle of the metal tube looks correct (as Ed sent me both sides, one in error so not sure which is meant to fit)

the middle fixing is in, to the left hand bolt hole of the interior door handle bracket (as you look at it)

then bottom left in the door cavity is the flat plate with the hex type hole in the middle.

to finish i need to fit the motor on spacers, but just cannot see how these will fit.

if anyone has a photo of the finished article...this would solve my problem!.

i think the motor is meant to got outer door side but at the moment would be jammed against the stainless (and damaging it from inside)

i should of took photos as a how to later (or for the mag) would help everyone as at some stage i think every car will need to change these regulators.

just wish there was an oem or nos replacement to fit to the existing bracket
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
hi

thought i'd add an update.

just been to my garage, and still can't fathom how these fit.
just is not the room for the motor, so must have something wrong.

anyway, thought a bit of latteral thinking, so stripped down the old regulator, moved the bit that connects to the window by hand (stiff at first).

greased it all up, connected to my jump start kit, and wow now works ok.

so will refit, and see if it has the torque to move the window, fingers crossed.
if it works, will ask Ed vey nicely if he could swop for other parts.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
http://www.dmctalk.com/showthread.php?t=5979
steve.s Wrote:i think the motor is meant to go outer door side but at the moment would be jammed against the stainless (and damaging it from inside)

I think you're right here Steve; this would explain why some cars have an outwards facing dent on the lower portion of the door.
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
hi Phil

yes i gave up in the end and repaired the original....works fine now.

is your car running ok now?
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Hiya Steve,

It should be fine once I fix those two leaky coolant hoses underneath. I won't be able to get back home to Wolverhampton till next week at the earliest, but by then I'll be able to see if a fresh puddle of coolant has formed under the car. The guys here have given me a few options of possible fixes so I should be sorted fairly soon.

Then as soon as the weather clears up I'll take it for a thrash out towards Bridgnorth and the Rabbit Run Big Grin
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo