Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vin 11477 - Finally I am an owner
(17 Apr 2018, 12:57)Smithy2970 Wrote: well done Tris!!!

Looking forward to catching sight of you around Swansea!!!

Cheers Smile

She’ll be garaged in Brynamman in my Dad’s larger garage until I get her fully sorted.
Then she’ll be living in my garage once MOTd and reg’d

Are you an owner yet? If not have you been up close to one?
Either way, you are most welcome to have a nose at mine any time.

Tris
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
It’s on the way!!!!

[Image: 66C09C86-D604-4013-A11E-0BDDC3F1D259.jpg]
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
(17 Apr 2018, 15:32)TristanC Wrote:
(17 Apr 2018, 12:57)Smithy2970 Wrote: well done Tris!!!

Looking forward to catching sight of you around Swansea!!!

Cheers Smile

She’ll be garaged in Brynamman in my Dad’s larger garage until I get her fully sorted.
Then she’ll be living in my garage once MOTd and reg’d

Are you an owner yet? If not have you been up close to one?
Either way, you are most welcome to have a nose at mine any time.

Tris

Not an owner yet unfortunately 

Even more chance of seeing you about- I am just down the road in Ammanford!!!
Well, you’re welcome to pop up if you wanted a nosey and a “sit in”
Tris

She’s now home

[Image: A8339E44-1A78-4187-8C42-E6B54835178C.jpeg]
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Finally ...you've had an exciting day then Tris, one way and another. I bet you had a good nights sleep knowing all is now OK. Big Grin
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(18 Apr 2018, 07:51)Chris P Wrote: Finally ...you've had an exciting day then Tris, one way and another. I bet you had a good nights sleep knowing all is now OK. Big Grin

Do you know what Chris? I did sleep extraordinary well! Right through to my alarm, which is unknown.

Whoop whoop !

Just been cleaning the contacts in the engine bay..... see what happens Big Grin
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Would love too!!!

Cheers

Rich
Just taken a look at the photos - it looks like a really nice car - I know that you have a few things to sort out but it makes mine look like a junk shop special :-)
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
Yes Tris, what you have to remember is that your car has been driven for the equivalent of 18 months normal motoring in the last 37 years!  Its been stood the rest of the time. Had that been a typical British car, you would have been able to 'sweep most of it up'!

Deloreans last far better than any other car I can think of and yes, you get a few things that need sorting, but generally nothing that can't be fixed...given time. Rolleyes

Removing the facias can often be a pig of a job. Thats why I recommended doing that job over the winter.

Personally, I'd repair the wiring, fit the UK headlights and get the thing MOT'd and on the road and enjoy driving it. Wink
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(19 Apr 2018, 08:52)Chris P Wrote: Yes Tris, what you have to remember is that your car has been driven for the equivalent of 18 months normal motoring in the last 37 years!  Its been stood the rest of the time. Had that been a typical British car, you would have been able to 'sweep most of it up'!

Deloreans last far better than any other car I can think of and yes, you get a few things that need sorting, but generally nothing that can't be fixed...given time. Rolleyes

Removing the facias can often be a pig of a job. Thats why I recommended doing that job over the winter.

Personally, I'd repair the wiring, fit the UK headlights and get the thing MOT'd and on the road and enjoy driving it. Wink

Yes I’ll be leaving the fascia on and try to repair the wiring in situ.

It genuinely is a lovely car. Except for the lights up front, everything else works and has had shedloads of work already done.
Mechanically, really good I’d say. Just have to sort the cooling out because I don’t think the water pump is turning at the moment....

Best thing is, my Dad is helping me along, so it will be something I will treasure once done.
I’ve got the U.K. lights ready once this is all sorted.
Tyres are on order - also some steering gaitors, as they are looking sad.

Hopefully I’ll be on the road for the Summer Big Grin
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Really good day today. Made some progress and started and finished a few jobs!! Woo hoo.

First thing today was to finally get those headlights out - they were badly rusted in place, so they have been drilled out. I’ve got a brand new set blackened SS screws to go back in when ready.

I then removed the driver side outer headlight bucket so I could pull out the headlight harness for better inspection. Good news is that it’s repairable and there’s still power getting there because the driver side indicator/marker is still working! Yay!
The loom appears to just have been “attacked” where the wire was exposed, so I’ve got lots of wire to allow me to match end to end. But getting to this point took me a few hours. 
I will need a good full day to sort the wiring - so that’s for next weekend.

So, after that, I wanted to progress with the running of the engine and it’s cooling issue I encountered on day one.
First thing was to replace the alternator belt and A/C belt as they had stretched and I suspected to such a degree that it prevented turning the water pump. 
Before I started her up, I also removed the horrid asbestos heat shield and installed a new stainless heat shield.

I also made a start (well Dad actually made the start, he deserves a lot of the credit for helping me along with this thus far) - made a start on making the “self burping” mod to the cooling system that was kindly shown to me by Stu Rees and also for which I had unwittingly taken references photos of when I visited ChrisP and his beautiful AXI 1698. Anyway, we were missing the straight brass connections off the water pump - but no matter, I’ll  come back to finishing that next time.

We started her up, got her up to temp and started adjusting the mixture and we “thought” it was right. It certainly seems ok to me and Dad - it runs smoothly, idles well..... so I call that a win for now.
AND, the cooling system is flowing brilliantly front to back and the cooling fans kicking in and out!

What an absolutely excellent close to my day here in currently sunny South Wales.

The wheels are now off and going for a new set of boots in the week for just £200 fitted Big Grin

That’s me for today. I’ll leave you with a pic of the loom and a short video of her running. Sorry for the red hose, it’s all I had at the time.

https://youtu.be/X7MqojD9_UE

[Image: 95B9ECAF-4E69-43BD-9890-7FB913D0D4FA.jpeg]
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Quote:https://youtu.be/X7MqojD9_UE
Cant grumble about that tick-over Big Grin
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Cheers Chris, I’m feeling chuffed Big Grin
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Well done Tris, making good progress.

Yes they can be difficult to bleed the water if you don't have one to the tee piece/air bleed thingys fitted. Some folk have even resorted to jacking the back end up a foot or two to get the air out.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Great job Tris... looks like you're on track for the mot soon, it's nice that a few jobs were done already... 

Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237