Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean VARI top mould. For sale
For those who fancy getting into re-making body tubs, well this is your chance to get 50% of it: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DeLorean-DMC-1...SwFYxZ2wv9
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
A bit useless really. Top half only. Makes you wonder how DMC are planning on making more of these for the "2017" model? (which i'm sure will never come out in 2017)

...Do they even NEED to make any more tubs? I'm sure i heard that they DO have a complete set of moulds - the worlds only remaining full set

Still, it IS part of the history, and interesting. It belongs in a museum. (trying not to sound like Indiana Jones)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Ian Foster has the rest of them...he paid for the lot, as far as I know he just has not got around to collecting this one yet!!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Nice find, I knew they were out there... somewhere. The seller has a lot of Lotus stuff, wonder if this was from Dunmurry or Hethel.  Interesting that Ian Foster has the rest, they might come in handy as set dressing for a Delorean movie!

Rissy, I think DMC Houston are making lighter, stronger tubs for the 'new ones'
DOC 116
VIN 6237
(11 Oct 2017, 10:23)Stuart Rees Wrote: Nice find, I knew they were out there... somewhere. The seller has a lot of Lotus stuff, wonder if this was from Dunmurry or Hethel.  Interesting that Ian Foster has the rest, they might come in handy as set dressing for a Delorean movie!

Rissy, I think DMC Houston are making lighter, stronger tubs for the 'new ones'

Some of you will have already met him, he was at Lotus 06 and helped club member David,  get his RHD running so that he could attend the show, they both come from Norfolk. 

DMCH has a copy of the plans as well as this fella, but how much use they'd be is another matter.....and there are a couple of large wardrobes full.  What on earth would you do with them? Split em up and flog em on FeaBay, but it would take a long time to get your £10K back!  And then you would have been responsible for splitting up an almost unique collection.

With digital scanning and printing, old blue prints are historical documents..not much more. 

Getting back to the moulds, I am not aware of any others, and they take such a lot of space and weigh a whole heap!

The whole lot ought to be in a 'Delorean Visitor Centre' in Dunmurry along with Pilot 20 and loads of other special bit and bobs.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian