Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not getting emails?
Hi - I'm not getting any emails from the forum for anything. I tried updating my email address but I don't even get the update confirmation email.

All my notification settings are turned on, so not sure what's happening.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Priesh
#1373 - Black, Manual, Gas Flap

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."
tbh, the forum doesn't email me, only when I get a Private Message, so it might be ok.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hmmm I thought it should when you subscribe to a thread? Like I'm subscribed to this one, so assumed I would get notified of any responses.

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."
oh I don't know then, I've never done that
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I think it must be an SMTP issue, as I get an email if I use the 'send email' button via the profile screen, but I don't get them for PM's or for subscribed threads.

The mybb profile gives you the option to set the default for threads for your profile - whether you want to auto-subscribe and recieve instant emails on replies or not.

Would be interesting to see the logs to see if the emails are even generated.

Just spotted this thread.
I get the same issue too.

When I changed my address to a hotmail one they started coming through.
But my main gmail address gets nothing.

It seems to be because the notification mails are sent from a personal yahoo email address from the forum. And because of the new DMARC rules, most email providers reject the mail as they think the email “from” addresss is being spoofed.

Once the forum has its own SMTP server and true email address, we should start getting emails.

At the moment I don’t get any emails anymore, not even an email to confirm my updated email address.

Hopefully sorted soon.

Tris
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Thanks for the info Tris - do you know when the SMTP server will be in place? I mgiht try using a different email provider with the forum in the mean time

I don’t know I’m afraid - I think Rich H is the guy in the know.

Although my hotmail and yahoo addresses no longer receive email from here either Sad
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales