Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hesitation when Aircon on
New fans fitted. Problem with hesitation/chugging when fans running has gone. Smile I also cleaned all earth points and electrical connectors and used dielectric grease. Car runs great now.
Nick
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
Thumbs Up 
(24 Sep 2017, 18:58)Nick H Wrote: New fans fitted. Problem with hesitation/chugging when fans running has gone. Smile  I also cleaned all earth points and electrical connectors and used dielectric grease. Car runs great now.
Nick

Interesting, the cause could have been the old fans where at the end of there latin and short serquited or gave sparkes ? Did you test them in the dark ?
Good to know those electrical points need attention as well.
Nice one Nick, glad you got it sorted.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Yes very interesting.

As Dave Howarth has told me many times, a new problem suddenly shows up on one car and in a short space of time it can show up on several others...must be a 'time related thing' and one of the best reasons for sharing our experiences with other enthusiasts.

Lets face it, most modern cars never see their 35th birthday, so problems like this disappear into the 'great scrapyard in the sky'.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
No there was no nothing to suggest the original fans were on the way out. I have a fan fail fix
from Dave in the States that is solid state and warns of a marginal fan.
However I wanted to reduce the load on the electrical system as the school run can have a lot traffic
congestion.
It would have been nice to identify the exact location of the fault but I already
had the fans.
It’s also worth remembering the car was built to a price. So replacing the mild steel earthing bolts with stainless steel and cleaning the contacts was a worth while job.
The worst looking connectors were hidden above the windscreen washer pump.

Nick
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/