Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Event - the DOC does Blackpool!
Dear All,

discussions were had at the NEC about what to do about an event for 2017, taking into account the Club's commitment in 2009 to move the annual meet up around the country to make it fair on all members to have a chance to get to an event near them - back then, the national meet up, which always happened in the same place, was often a PITA for folks from further afield to get to, so that's why the decision was made to have an national event in a different part of the country each year where possible.  So far, we've been to Shropshire, Derbyshire, North Yorkshire, Dorset, Northants/Bucks and Norfolk.

For 2017, the idea had been muted to combine a national event with an established car show or gathering.  Mike Hutchinson, who has connections in the TV/Film car business, suggested we join in with the big TV/Film car meet up in Blackpool in August 2017.  There seemed to be a great deal of enthusiasm for this event, which will also celebrate 35yrs of Knight Rider.   An idea was suggested to do something round St Anne's on the Saturday, the Saturday evening descend on Blackpool's 'Golden Mile' and parade the cars up and down, have a fish n chip supper, and then the rest of the evening is free to spend how you wish.  On the Sunday, there will be the main car meet itself, with DeLorean's, KITT's, Trotter Van's, Starsky & Hutch cars, etc etc.

All in all, I reckon it'll be a fun weekend, although Mike did say that Blackpool is unbelievably tacky, but meh, who cares, its all about getting together and having a good laugh.

Mike will be adding more to this thread in due course as dates are known, myself and Mary Hooper will also be assisting with sorting out the event, although I will be taking more of a back seat this time round, as I've got too much here to sort out, including building work and the small matter of a dead engine in my own DeLorean.

So everyone, get behind Mike on this one, put on your best 'Kiss me Quick' hat, and lets make Blackpool 2017 a great success !
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Sounds like a great idea. Not something I can do, being so far north (300 miles) over a weekend, but I'm sure plenty will turn up!
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Ah well we did have Dorset the other year for the southern contingent Wink
Yep, you did - when I was on holiday abroad Tongue
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

I dunno, excuses excuses!! tsk! lol
Yehh, my weekend destination when I was a teenager, suspect nothings changed much Big Grin But kidding aside would be good to hold an event with an other event, give a bit more interest to others visiting.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Yes I confirm that I did put a proposal for a doc event to be held in the Blackpool area. If you have never been to Blackpool you are in for a treat. (That's if you like kiss me quick hats and donuts). I am involved with a movie exhibition that will be held from 12 August 2017 to 26th which will include the car cruise. I will come back with the proposed dates shortly and if any one fancies it that would be great.
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
Excellent stuff, thanks for sorting this Mike, will you liaise with Mary Hooper ref hotels?

I just hope I'll have #2292 aka Flopsy fixed up in time to attend!!
Hi I realise it's bang in the summer holiday but we will be arranging an exhibition type event with car show for the weekend of 19/20 August 2017 in Blackpool. We would of course love some Delorean presence if you guys fancy it on that weekend.
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

Just saw this post.
I was working up in Blackpool last week.
Stayed at the Village hotel Blackpool
Spa and indoor and outdoor pools, golf course. Large secure car park. Good food though in the Pub restaurant. We found the Italian restaurant was not great. Your mileage may vary Wink
Very good value however I was there out of season.

The local lads on site warned us to avoid the Premier Inn's in Blackpool. 

Nick
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
Hope everyone can get behind Mike and support this event, whilst we'd like to come along, we are being realistic that
with my car needing a new engine, chassis refurb, etc, and none of that being possible till we've built the new garage,
its unlikely we'll be able to make it, although its possible we might come up in Phill's DeLorean and the Avantime (as there's
4 of us) instead of being able to bring both DeLorean's.
Yep, as soon as you know all the full details if you could post the details and as Claire suggested get in touch with however is organising it then we can get the details sorted and get some info out there for everyone
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I like the idea of it. Perhaps just for a day trip for me though.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hi, just to confirm, the event I'm involved in is on the 19/20 August. If this date is not good for you and you decide on a different date, please let me know as (if you want ) i can help arrange for you to be parked in the town centre for free and get you some publicity ?
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

This does interest me, Deloreans AND a whole host of other Star Cars in one place. Count me in!
DOC 116
VIN 6237