Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mustang
Smile 
Hi all;

For those that know me, this won't be a surprise. For those that don't - well, I have a somewhat obsessive fetish for V8s. My dream has always been an LS, or Rover V8 powered DeLorean - but you know, it's easier said that done.

In any case, when the DeLorean arrived, I was already saving for a new car. The D is and was always going to be long term, and purposely sidelined so I didn't spend my savings on it. That might now be the aim, but this was ordered back in February, and I just picked it up.

So, love or hate, here's my new 5.0:

[Image: 30548959221_d8e23b9fa7_z.jpg]New Mustang by Dan Willis, on Flickr
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

You're lucky, I like it!
Very impressive list Dan…..have you got garaging for them all? (I hate it when my cars have to stand out side).

Does the Mrs. share your passion for cars?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(30 Oct 2016, 08:50)Chris P Wrote: Very impressive list Dan…..have you got garaging for them all?  (I hate it when my cars have to stand out side).

Does the Mrs. share your passion for cars?

The DeLorean currently owns the entire garage (both sides). When the chassis is complete, the Mustang will either sit there or the Monaro will come home (she's in paid storage). I'd need to move again and, no, Gemma isn't quite in the same place as me with cars! She does, however, like to drive a nice one (Audi S5). What she is, is supportive. I can't ask for more than that Smile

Here you go - as you can see, The D gets the bed:

[Image: 30478024416_3e4b42cd2c_z.jpg]DeLorean Chassis Removal by Dan Willis, on Flickr
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

Your mustang looks class Dan [emoji106]
I see from your other thread that your garage is 5mx5m.
Will your 2 cars fit in that space?
My garage is full and I'm considering an extension. In Ireland we can build 25m2 garage without planning but I'm not sure if it would be enough to store 2 cars. It would be for parking only, wouldn't need to work on them in it. What's your thoughts from someone who has that exact size of garage?
Hi Dan.... 

Loving your new car! 

As well as a nice MG Montego Turbo, and a brand new Kawasaki ZZR Performance Sport (Which I should be getting early next year), I'm also keen to buy Pontiac Trans Am K.I.T.T. replica in the future. 

I am in total agreement with ChrisP though, they have to be kept indoors. 

I have just laid all mine up for the winter but apart from a small area to access my tools, they are literally sandwiched in.... the XR2 was pushed in last, and needs to come out to get to the D and the caravan...images below.

I am looking for somewhere bigger... putting my 24' caravan into storage would help, but I don't want it outdoors to be honest....

Spot the DeLorean!

[Image: IMAG0187_zpsyfgxp23p.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0189_zpsqu2zsu0w.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0190_zps1ni2bkmh.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0188_zpse4k5vdav.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0191_zps49y64m9u.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0183_zpsib3ziqny.jpg]

Sorry to hijack your thread Dan!

Enjoy your car!
(31 Oct 2016, 12:27)TheOriginalMrP Wrote: I am looking for somewhere bigger... putting my 24' caravan into storage would help, but I don't want it outdoors to be honest....

Spot the DeLorean!

[url=http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/theoriginalmrp/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0187_zpsyfgxp23p.jpg.html]
Now that is a serious garage! What size is it? I'm impressed with how tight you can get the cars together. Must be a pain to get at some of the shelves though
(31 Oct 2016, 13:06)Kenny Wrote:
(31 Oct 2016, 12:27)TheOriginalMrP Wrote: I am looking for somewhere bigger... putting my 24' caravan into storage would help, but I don't want it outdoors to be honest....

Spot the DeLorean!

[url]
Now that is a serious garage! What size is it? I'm impressed with how tight you can get the cars together. Must be a pain to get at some of the shelves though

[/url]
[url]

I've got to be totally honest, you can't get beyond the line of cars because as I said, the last one is pushed in with an inch each side. If it comes out though, access is easy. They are only in there like that as I won't be using any of them till next spring. I have a single garage at home, where one usually lives, with the daily driver on the drive. But I can now keep the daily in the garage and that keeps the frost off the screen.

Without the RS in there, there is enough room, and I've considered a ramp to keep one in the air and one underneath.

Unfortunately I was spoiled with a massive unit before this one, but it was shared. That had a lift in it already and was great, but after 2 years I decided I wanted my own. 

Size wise, I would say about 6 metres wide, and 12 metres in length. 

Is not so much the size though Kenny, it's the layout. There is a support post smack bang in the middle, and the exit door is on the one side ....

You get a better idea with these images before the RS was in there. 

Better still, watch the video... I was demoing my Bush Discassette for someone.

[Image: IMAG0184_zps72vplybx.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0185_zpszr5spe4m.jpg]

[/url]
It's not that much bigger than mine so, 9x6. I just need to work on my storage layout some more to fit another car in and then decide what to get [emoji6]
(30 Oct 2016, 22:00)Kenny Wrote: Your mustang looks class Dan [emoji106]
I see from your other thread that your garage is 5mx5m.
Will your 2 cars fit in that space?
My garage is full and I'm considering an extension. In Ireland we can build 25m2 garage without planning but I'm not sure if it would be enough to store 2 cars. It would be for parking only, wouldn't need to work on them in it. What's your thoughts from someone who has that exact size of garage?

The Monaro, bike and DeLorean all fit in the garage and I can get in and out with them all inside. So, yes, quite big enough. Working on the DeLorean in isolation though - that's different, so I've monopolised the space to make working easier, but also safer.

The Mustang is supposed to be a daily driver, but the Viva is too damned good at what it does, so the Mustang will be a toy for now.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

(31 Oct 2016, 19:33)Dan Willis Wrote: The Mustang is supposed to be a daily driver, but the Viva is too damned good at what it does, so the Mustang will be a toy for now.

I said that with the last 3 cars I've bought and they've all ended up garage queens.

The thing is, a beautiful car like your Mustang can and will deteriorate if used as a daily driver. As soon as they lose their edge it's a downward spiral. 

I had an old C class Mercedes a few years ago, and I always kept it indoors for a year. The following year I didn't, and it lost its edge real fast. 

My M5 has spent about 3 nights outside in 5 years and it shows!

I detailed cars for nearly 20 years, so I've seen the difference first hand. Concourse cars don't live outdoors!

Car covers do not help, they do a different type of damage no matter how expensive they are. 

Look after it bud, because she's a beauty.
Agreed; My Monaro lived outside for the first few years, then became a garage queen. Unfortunately, out of sight, out of mind - and 10 years later she's done 11k. So it goes both ways. The Mustang is special, but I don't see it living here forever. I may just enjoy it and move on. Who knows!
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

Beautiful 'tang you have there Dan.

Our new garage is going to be 47ft x 16ft Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Awesome looking Stang Cool and not a Ecoboost in sight. As my American Grandfather used to say "There aint' no substitute for cubic inches"   Smile

Nick
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
(01 Nov 2016, 15:38)Guinney1971 Wrote: Beautiful 'tang you have there Dan.  

Our new garage is going to be 47ft x 16ft Smile

Your car collection makes me look like I'm "normal" Tongue

(01 Nov 2016, 23:09)Nick H Wrote: Awesome looking Stang Cool and not a Ecoboost in sight. As my American Grandfather used to say "There aint' no substitute for cubic inches"   Smile

Nick

There IS NO Ecoboost. I was offered one engine only. They only build one engine. V8. Tongue
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566