Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN 16327 Running again....
Ben, Great to read that you are waking up the De  Cool

I should bring 16723 down for a reunion. 
If soon, we could have a small tech sesh and get the car sorted.

Cheers for now,
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
(25 Aug 2016, 12:55)Stuart Rees Wrote: Ben, Great to read that you are waking up the De  Cool

I should bring 16723 down for a reunion. 
If soon, we could have a small tech sesh and get the car sorted.

Cheers for now,
Stu
Hi Stu....

Well apart from this glitch, the car is going well otherwise... it'll be 10 years December since I bought the car, and none of the love is lost....
It still smells the same, looks the same and drives the same (when it hot starts of course)

It always goes, it just takes a lot of winding over.

Hope to catch you soon :-)
I'm on a roll with buying a couple of odds and ends....

Headlight and hazard warning switch decals... mine were not that bad but these freshened them up.

Rear demister and fog light decals. 

I have done these before but they come off over time.

And door lock and unlock decals.

As my window ones were OK, I tried using the arrows on the mirror switch.... I don't know if I like it yet, so I'll see how it goes! 

[Image: IMAG0139_zpswmlcfuip.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0140_zpsro0gew3k.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0141_zpsks6fs7r1.jpg]

I have bought a lovely shiny Stainless coolant cap, and I have a new accumulator coming. 

I changed the check valve and although the problem still persists, it is starting better.

I think my clutch needs a bleed though, but as its not been done since the clutch change in 2007, I'm won't be surprised if it needs a new slave cylinder too, although that was changed at the time, it's probably done 2000 miles tops. 

I got an bosch accumulator for under 90 quid delivered... not done this in my ownership so I will get that done soon. 

I need a show to do now! 

Have we got enough cars for the NEC this year? Wink

Ben
Quote:I'm won't be surprised if it needs a new slave cylinder too, although that was changed at the time, it's probably done 2000 miles tops
Yeh my new clutch master failed with less than 2000 miles on it (DMCH New one) slave was fine though, either way a bleed and/or fluid change would be appreciated I'm sure!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584