Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic Transmission Governor Computer
Quote:Be nice to have a new unit rather than a refurbished one

Rich Johnstone has already designed a new PCB which uses a different comparator chip. Unfortunately whilst I was testing it it kept locking into first gear and, under tight time constraints, I had to abandon it and go back to the original.

My plan as I mentioned in another thread is to make a digital version, I just need an old governor and some time to do it... :roll:
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Paul O'Malley Wrote:Like any part on our vehicles the original computer is very good once the right upgrades have been done and the vehicle is charging and running right and has a good battery.

A bad battery or jump starting even kills modern vehicles.

very true Smile

BTW What controls this gear box on a Renault ?
The same unit but it just has a short wiring loom that has the multi plug bolted to the LH side of the gearbox.
Regards Paul O'Malley
DOC 253 South of Ireland Rep
Paul O'Malley Wrote:Like any part on our vehicles the original computer is very good once the right upgrades have been done and the vehicle is charging and running right and has a good battery.

A bad battery or jump starting even kills modern vehicles.

I can't agree with you more !

A good battery, alternator upgrade and ensuring good clean earths is the best starting point.

If you put a piece of wood in the battery compartment to fill it in, a Halfords 094 calcium battery fits in nicely and is 75ah. I managed to wangle a trade club card one day...

NickT.
I have the trade card also.
I was a mechanic and auto elec for ten years, now I play with cars for fun
Regards Paul O'Malley
Paul O'Malley Wrote:I have the trade card also.
I was a mechanic and auto elec for ten years, now I play with cars for fun

I turned up one day in my overalls and asked if i was in the trade so i said "yes" ! Quite a bit of difference between retail and trade !

NickT.
I have a Makro card ....
Quote:I turned up one day in my overalls and asked if i was in the trade so i said "yes" ! Quite a bit of difference between retail and trade !

Happy days ! Big Grin

Halfords in Ireland can be very expensive for a lot of stuff so I am very careful about what I buy from them.
Regards Paul O'Malley
The developer of our digital lock control module has developed a modern replacement for the trans computer. Their first test units are being fabbed now and will be installed in cars later this month.

James
http://pkzip.livejournal.com/

Thought this guys site and info was useful.