Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK 20th Anniversary Weekend, 10-11 Sept 2016
Finally got into the Premier Inn and am now booked to come.
Just need to get the D through an MOT now Confused
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
Quote:Finally got into the Premier Inn and am now booked to come.

Just need to get the D through an MOT now [Image: confused.png]
Done better than me, only managed to get the Fri night! looks like I will be towing my caravan then! Big Grin
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
My friend Vanessa might open her B&B which is 3 mins from Stoke Bruerne. I'll let you all know if there's availability.

Do the organisers know that there's Stoke Bruerne at War festival Sat/Sun? It will be busy. It's a small village but has 2 pubs because of the canal. Parking should be OK as they normally open a farmers field as an overflow car park.

Bletchley Park is good but there are separate entry fees for Bletchley and the Museum of Computing as they are separate trusts even though next to each other. Computing Museum entry is £7.50 and Bletchley Park £16. If you are pushed for time and can only do one, I'd do the computer museum. Seeing Collossus in action is awesome (not in Bletchley Park but The Bombe is)
Hiya
yeah, the guy who's doing the boat trip said it was their WW2 weekend too, so it should provide some extra interest
for us as well as everything in Stoke Bruerne.
Chris, are you on your own or bringing the family?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Confirmed everything with The Boat Inn, they have parking for 40 cars, but cannot reserve the carpark, but there will be parking for around 700 cars at other car parks around the village.
The boat goes at 12 noon, will we get Andy Withers out of bed in time............ ?

On the Saturday, we don't have to be at Bletchley Park (we're parking outside the front of the National Museum of Computing on the same site) till around 12.30 - 1.00pm, so we can have a more leisurely morning, maybe even a 'tech sesh' in the car park before we need to head off.
just a week to go now!!!!
(02 Sep 2016, 14:46)Guinney1971 Wrote: just a week to go now!!!!

Looks like there might be availability at my hotel
http://www.roadehousehotel.co.uk
Sorry about the rubbish website, new one coming soon.
We are 3 mins drive from Stoke Bruerne and 15 mins from The Green Man meet.
What time are you rolling from the Green Man on Saturday headed for Bletchley Park?  I would like to join the convoy and park at Bletchley!

Thanks

Steve

hiya,

we're due at the National Computer Museum (that's where we're parking, as BP no longer allow parking in front of their building) around 12.30m, so I'd estimate we'd be leaving the Premier Inn around 12.00.

Weather forecast not great for early on Saturday, hopefully the rain will blow through by early afternoon. Sunday looking like a nice day though.

Sadly, my car, #2292 is now not coming, I'll be in the Avantime instead, as I suffered a major engine failure yesterday (I'll bore you all with it over the weekend lol).

I'm in the process of doing itineraries for the weekend, and also 'Peoples Choice' voting forms.

Saturday night is going to be very informal, we'll all eat together early evening, I'll give out the trophy after the meal, then we are all free to catch up and natter away until the bar tender chucks us out.

Safe journey everyone !
as a heads up, Andrew Westerman has managed to book the Travelodge a couple of miles up the A43 from the Green Man, I'm not sure if they have any other vacancies if anyone is still needing to book a room.
I found ringing the Premier Inn three times a day, day in day out they found me a room Rolleyes
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT SATURDAY NIGHT MEAL!!!

Tables are booked under DeLorean Owners Club for 7.30pm (they have parties of 6 & 13 booked in for 7pm).

They have requested that meals are pre-ordered in the morning/afternoon, so that the chef can get all the meals prepared. They have also requested that the bill be in one lump and paid in cash, save 20-30 people going up to the bar at the same time to pay for meals. Can people ensure they get the cash out on Friday/Saturday to bring with them to pay for their meals.

I have done itinerary sheets, with Peoples Choice voting forms and will be giving these out tonight/Saturday morning.

As you may or may not know, my DeLorean has suffered a major engine failure (I'm sure a magazine article is looming here....), so I'll be in the purple Renault Avantime, registration M4TRA.

Safe journey everyone, see you tonight/tomorrow.
thank you to everyone who made it along to the Club's 20th Anniversary weekend, some in DeLoreans, some like me,
in more 'normal' modes of transport.

I hope you all enjoyed yourselves, I certainly did and it was great to catch up with old friends like John Tien, Nigel Mills and
Andrew Westerman.

Well done to Rich Hutchinson who's 'AXI855' won the People's Choice Award for the second year in a row.  Steve Pellegrini came
second with VRL445W.

The NMOC was fascinating, and the explanation of codebreaking, and seeing Tunny & Collossus was mind boggling.  My two girls (aged 6 & 3)
loved all the old computers, and Kezia had great fun playing Frogger on the BBC B micro and other games on the Commodore 64.  I think
I might have to get the Speccy 48k out of the loft now......

Today we were blessed with glorious sunshine for our visit to Stoke Bruerne, who were having their 'Village at War' weekend.  The
DeLoreans certainly made us feel like we'd travelled back in time, with all the old vehicles trundling about and many people dressed
up in uniforms and 1940's clothing.  The boat ride took us through the Blisworth Tunnel, which at over 3000yds long, is the third longest
navigable canal tunnel in the UK.  We were treated to a flypast by a Spitfire after we got off the boat too.

A pleasant afternoon followed, chatting to visitors about the cars, and exploring the events going on.  Most of us had departed by 5pm.

As my car is now off the road, pending major engine & chassis work, its doubtful I'll have time to organise and event next year, so if someone
else fancies taking up the reins and planning something, then go for it Smile
Well done claire, sorry I could not be of more assistance.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Many Thanks Claire what a great time we had with a great bunch of Delorean owners. Also thanks to Chris for the loan of a coil , covered 120 miles home without any problems. thanks again Brian and Jill