Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK 20th Anniversary Weekend, 10-11 Sept 2016
Would love to have gone but I've got other plans for that weekend-have a great time though!??
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
that's a shame Rich, but fully understand, Gwen starts nursery (and Kez goes up into Year 2) on
7th September, so we'll be heading down after school on the Friday.

For everyone else, there's just 2 months to go now, it would be great if people can support the event
and come along.  Those of us who put ourselves out each year to organise the annual event put a lot of
effort into it and get satisfaction from people being able to come along and enjoy themselves.

Best wishes,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
We will be attending the Dutch club's event the same weekend.
We visited Eurofest as well this year, so the car allready had some mileage from the lovely Belgium with all its beer, chocolates and waffles.
Annyway, have a great anniversary weekend and post some pictures on Facebook, I'll do the same. :-)
I live only 40 mins up the road from the hotel. My plan is to commute to the event every day instead of staying in the hotel. Can I just "turn up" and attend, or do I need to book into/pay into anything ahead of the weekend?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hi guys.
Just checking before I book the hotel that the weekend is still going ahead, I did not see any mention of the event in the last club mag and it's been a bit quiet around here!

Steve
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
Hello all,

Sorry I've not visited in a while but I booked a while back. Looking forward to this weekend!

Paul
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
yes all still going ahead, no need to pre-register or anything, you can turn up on the day at the various locations or
meet at the hotel and convoy to the events.
I've no idea how many people/DeLoreans are attending though!!

Feedback from attendees would be appreciated !!
apparently the Premier Inn is now fully booked (John Tien has tried booking it).

There is a Club member on here with a hotel nearby who emailed me some time ago, I'll try and find the details, and post them on here.

Here we go:

Hi Claire,
Delighted the summer event is being held so near to me (Roade, Northants).
Indeed the canal trip at Stoke Bruerne is a 3 minute drive away.
With that in mind I would love to offer DOC members a reduced rate at my
hotel in Roade. We have 10 medium/large rooms with an attached coffee
shop/deli and our sister establishment across the road, The Cock Inn, serves
hot food until 21:30 and has a late alcohol licence 7 days a week.
Do you think members would be interested?
regards
Michael Davies
mickdavies@totalise.co.uk
Unfortunately The Roade House Hotel is full booked both days with a wedding party!
What time are any events going on at the Green Man Fri/Sat?
Do I have to book the canal trip at 12 on the Sunday?
Hi Mick
Are there still rooms at the The Cock Inn?
(15 Aug 2016, 08:47)TheScAtMaN Wrote: Hi Mick
Are there still rooms at the The Cock Inn?

Unfortunately that is just the associated pub but no rooms. However, my business partner did run a B&B over the road. Time constraints mean she doesn't do that now, but she doesn't live there so might be persuaded to open up! It has 5 rooms I think. If there's interest I could approach her?
Booked the hotel a while ago in the hope our D would be up for the trip. Glad to say apart from a sticking brake, a totally mad rev counter ,a slight hot start issue and a few hot fuses with still a few weeks to go i should be able to fix these and a few more that will no doubt appear    we shall be there.   Brian and Jill
(16 Aug 2016, 12:37)mickdavies Wrote: Unfortunately that is just the associated pub but no rooms. However, my business partner did run a B&B over the road. Time constraints mean she doesn't do that now, but she doesn't live there so might be persuaded to open up! It has 5 rooms I think. If there's interest I could approach her?

I would be interested! Have PM'd you.
hi all,
the boat trip is at 12noon from The Boat Inn, Stoke Bruerne.
Friday night is 'ad hoc' at the hotel, Saturday we're eating together (I would have thought around 7pm for those of us with kiddies),
then we're having a bit of an informal chat with some speakers after dinner. Then its retire to the bar and catch up with old and new
friends.
I'll organise the Peoples Choice Prize as normal, prize will be given out on the Saturday Night.
Its possible there may be a room or two at the Premier Inn, as a couple of people have had to cancel, so it might be worth checking back,
as John Tien has managed to book the PI now.
Just tried PI again and still saying fully booked, will keep trying!