Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEC Classic Car Show 2015 13/14/15th November, Inc DOC-AGM
Set up day yesterday….stand looking great….hope to see many of you over the next 3 days….discount books and new upgraded water pipes and sensors available . Plus all the usual tee shirts, calendars etc. etc.

Pilot 20 looking good after its 8 years of hibernation Smile
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
The great Mike Kimberly came to our stand on Friday, together with one of the '3 Jims' from Lotus, Jim Waites. A special day for us. Big Grin

sorry can't figure out how to turn the pictures around on my stupid Macbook Pro) :oops:
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Thank you for sharing your pictures Smile
I would just like to say a 'huge' thank you to everyone who attended/visited/or very kindly provided either either cars/time or goodwill into helping out the DOC club stand over the last (long) weekend. I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the endless support from our club members and club officials for the effort that they provide and the time and dedication that they give. Without it we would struggle. As ever a superb stand was built by Dave Howarth who after this year will be taking a very well deserved break, and although seeming in great health on Sunday appears to be a bit poorly now so we wish him a speedy recovery. I don't know how the club can thank him for the time and effort that he has put into the DOC for many, many years and we all wish him our very best and hope he starts to enjoy his retirement!
There are lost of great pictures that many people took and with any luck Mike Hooper will give us his slant on the event via one of his magazine articles, but this is just one picture that appeals to me:

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Austin Princess in your rear view mirror there Chris (P) in what looks like Emberglow...

(I'll get me coat...!)

Good show lads, sorry I missed it...

R
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Yes Richard…I believe it is a Brown BL car!

Slightly off topic, whist at the NEC a Mr. S Bensley came on the stand and said he had a 1980's 2664 PRV Engine spare….apparently it is a carburettor version with twin choke Webbers and kicks out 165 BHP. He just wants to clear some space, so it is available in Hampshire for £200.

Please PM me for contact details

There is another photo of Mike Kimberly on our stand. For those of you who have been living in a cave…Mike Kimberly was the CEO of Lotus for many years including during the building of the Prototype DeLorean Cars……without Mike and the Spooner Brothers, ….there would be no Deloreans!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
great to catch up with faces old and new on Sunday, I've not uploaded my photos yet, but as usual
the NEC lighting isn't conducive to taking photos that don't come out all orangey (or more like I still cant
fathom the settings on my camera after all these years lol)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Regarding the new water pipes and Screw in Otterstats…there has been some discussion about wether its a good idea to have the temp range set a little lower…..I personally like that and thats how they were supplied to me, however I've now had a range of them pointed out to me at Less than £3 each…..so you can choose what you like.  Last couple available fro me now.

Arran J will be taking over supplying them when mine have all gone.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian