Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real life Gran Turismo!!
At this years Ormskirk Motorfest, I felt very privileged to do a circuit with some real super cars with the De Lorean-on the 'starting grid' it was like the console game 'Gran Turismo',in front of my De Lorean was a Lancia Delta Integrale, a Mitsubishi Evo 8, a Ferrari, Lotus Cortina mk1 and behind was a Noble and an AC Cobra!
Even though the 1 mile parade circuit was supposedly 20 mph, it was more like Le Mans as the cars in front of me disappeared! I took a steady pace in the De Lorean, you're always checking driving in case a member of the public/stray dog/ etc could walk across the road at any time,the Town Crier was standing in the road to wave the cars past with just over a cars width between him and the kerb!
Great fun,and gets better every year-the DeLorean drew quite a crowd and I was kept busy talking about the car by an enquiring public-got a few leads on various DMC related things, even heard of a local company that supplied the chassis and had a number left over when DMC went bust,there were a few hundred chassis that got cut up for scrap.....
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Very Nice!
We went to Le Mans 24hrs in 2005. I think Martin G. has some pics of us all stopped for fuel and the petrol station is totally filled with Super Cars!

Funny how the red mist descends :lol: we found ourselfs on the track at Le Mans on the way to the campsite and everybody floored it! 8)

Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
I think we were the lowest and slowest of the bunch, and when the cars were blipping their engines at the 'starting grid' the public loved it-I couldn't hear mine above the snarl of the Ferrarai and the rumbling throaty roar of the AC Cobra!
Great fun :lol:
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
some of my friends on a Facebook group videod and photographed you at that event Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie