Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uk Supplier white clips that hold sills on? SP10691
I know Ed sells them but at £1.40 a clip and i think there are about 15 a side, so could really do with finding a direct supplier here?

http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_ ... _id=120025

any help be great

thanks

Dan
Ed has these made specially. They're a DeLorean special.

I looked into metal replacements for a while. Even thought I might have found an Indian company who was making almost exactly what we need, but unfortunately they weren't willing to even talk to me.
I ended up buying a load from Ed. They are also used on the lower valances behind the rear wheels. 4 total (2 per side)

I bought 40, giving me 6 spares. The new made ones are not brittle like the old ones have gone. But unfortunately they've still been moulded as per the original designed blueprint, which is wrong. I had to get my hobby knife out and modify each and every one to fit the car properly, which involves severely weakening each clip, leaving little to hold the tabs to the main body.

Good luck.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
ha bugger, thanks for the info tho. Stupid clips.

To save me crying whats actually wrong with them?

i wonder if i can come up with something else....
The tabs which grip the rocker panel need to be two different widths of space to allow the "snap" into place for the body of the rocker panel into the clips. The one width they've been moulded to is smaller than even the smaller of the two required widths.

It's difficult to explain without a drawing. I did draw a drawing last year to illustrate the problem to people, but I'll not find that now. I could draw it again however if you need an illustration again for modifying yours...if you don't find it obvious when you see it for yourself.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
It's not a very good illustration to understand unless you're looking at the rocker panel and the clip at the same time, but basically you're provided with a clip which is shaped like the one with the "X" next to it, when in fact it wants to be shaped more like the one with the tick next to it.

So you have to cut the tabs on the side to allow them to grip the rocker panel and stay in place once the arrowhead stake is pushed through them. The problem is that it doesn't leave much material holding the tab to the main body of the clip once you've cut them back enough with your hobby knife.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
To save yourself a bit of wonga, you can get these clips from the Eurotec Shop.

http://www.deloreanclub.uk/parts.html?price=-2
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):