Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UltraCon 2015 : 13th September : Doncaster
All.

The UltraCon event (previously Star Cars and Heroes.... and originally KnightCon) is back again at the Doncaster RaceCourse on Sunday 13th September (10:00 - 16:00).

The event has grown, and now overlpas between a fully fledged "cosplay" and Sci-fi / heroes convetion with Lego and film and TV cars mixed in.

Please see http://www.ultracon.co.uk/.

But guests this year include Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant (the Doctor and Peri from Dr Who).

None film cars are by invitation only, but I'd like to see how many DeLoreans we can get this year (there will be at BTTF showing, and a whole collection of batmobiles).

I really need to give the organiser ideas of numbers ASAP please so we can arrange space.

John C
I reckon you can put Phill and I down for this with our two cars - I reckon RichH might be up for
it too if he's not on his jollies somewhere.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
It's now certain my car wont be joining Sad

Can I please have a confirmation of the numbers of others planning to attend?

JohnC
The venue for this event is actually the Magna science park in Rotherham, not as originally suggested the Doncaster Racecourse like last year...

ULTRA CON VENUE:
Magna Science Adventure Centre
Magna is located on: Sheffield Road, Rotherham, S60 1DX. From the M1 take junction 33 if you are travelling from the south, or junction 34 if you are travelling from the north. Magna is approximately 1 mile from Meadowhall Shopping Centre.

By Road
From the M1 take junction 33 if you are travelling from the south, or junction 34 if you are travelling from the north. Magna is about 1 mile from Meadowhall Shopping Centre.
Quote:It's now certain my car wont be joining Sad
Oh dear, still awaiting parts?
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Awaiting both parts and an opportunity for the garage to do it..... as a result DaveH will potentially be using one of his the the Manchester Indoor show next weekened
we couldnt make it in the end, had to go to Northampton to rescue another Toyota Sera
from a rival buyer who would have broken it for spares.
It is probably just as well no DeLorean's turned up...... It was crazily busy with public cars parked everywhere in the surrounding areas, leading to more than one scrape and dent that I saw.

The outside are for the cars was being policed but was quite small, we had room set aside for a few DeLoreans but the venue wasn't setup for that really and the space was quickly reallocated.

The event was clearly grown at a far faster rate than the organisers can have ever really imagined, they now need something more like the indoor arena at Manchester, there were so many people that it was too claustraphobic for me and I left after about an hour.

But it did have everything it said on the tin, cars and areas with backdrops (the Hill Valley sign behind Olly's car for example) and the inflatable Stay Puft Marsh Mellow man were complimented by a 2/3rd size AT-AT..... Nicola "Perry" Bryant was a particular highlight Big Grin
well lets see what they plan for 2016, hopefully something more organised and
DeLorean friendly Smile