Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Style Ottersat Replacement Part Available To Order
I'll have one please, my pipes are the original ones so I'll go with one to match -
without reading back, does this come with the otterstat built in or do I have to buy
that seperately?

Let me know when its in ChrisP, and I'll pop over and pick one up and cross your
palms with the required amount of cash Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi Claire, yes it comes with the switch, no need for any money yet, i'll add you to the list, thanks.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
cheers Chris, appreciate it.
I am definitely going ahead with the new pipes, mostly in Alloy, but a few in Stainless. Big Grin

The switches are readily available and come in a variety of temperatures setting. I will endeavour get them ready to take to the NEC in November, by which time I will have firm prices. I expect them to be in the £25-£35 range. (They will be at cost price, what ever that is) 8)

I have 5 firm orders but will make about a dozen of them. Please send any 'expressions of interest' to me by email, so I can keep them all together and not forget anyone. :roll: No money needed yet. … history@deloreans.co.uk
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Aluminium one for me please Mr. P!! Big Grin
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Can't wait to buy the stainless one with the sensor please Smile
Let me know when you will need payment Wink
Is there any update on the stainless version please?
Do you know when it will be available?
Thank You Smile
Right then, the alloy ones are being made as we write and I will get the stainless one organised in the next week. Hope to have some for the NEC Smile .
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Great news, thanks!
I'm working on the car now, so timing is perfect Smile
brilliant, thanks Chris, I'll get mine from you at the NEC then if that's ok Smile
Stainless coolant pipes = very bad idea if the pipes are electrically connected to the chassis anywhere.

One thing about the rad fan switch which is very bad engineering is that when it fails, it fails open. Does the new one fail closed? Then the first sign of a problem would be the fans constantly running which is harmless.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Quote:One thing about the rad fan switch which is very bad engineering is that when it fails, it fails open. Does the new one fail closed? Then the first sign of a problem would be the fans constantly running which is harmless.
That's interesting as I have had three fail in two years (two old stock and one new) and all have failed in the opposite. As have a lot of others I have been told of recently. Wonder why?
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
stunned_monkey Wrote:Stainless coolant pipes = very bad idea if the pipes are electrically connected to the chassis anywhere.

If you change the coolant every year or two, I don't think it will be a big problem?
Right folk…thanks to the hard work of club member Mike, I now have stock of the aluminium pipes complete with screw in temp sensor. the (cost) price is £25 (excluding postage, so obviously it would be very convenient for folk to pick them up at the NEC.

Would the members who have already asked for one, please indicate if you will be collecting at the NEC. Anyone else who has asked for one, I will sort out after the NEC and there will be about £3 or 4 postage….still to check that out.

The stainless one are still being made and will be a few days yet and slightly more expensive..but not much. More info later.

I'm still faffing with Pilot 20 getting its bugs ironed out ready for its first public appearance since 2007!

Please note…my 'History at deloreans' ..email had been hacked and is now defunct, please use the one below
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P Wrote:The stainless one are still being made and will be a few days yet and slightly more expensive..but not much. More info later.

Thank you for the great news Smile