Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Style Ottersat Replacement Part Available To Order
Quote:It's important to note that this is version 4 of the header tank………Versions 1, 2 and 3 all failed in various ways. This one seems fine up to now, as do the other 3 which are on test.
Yeh but that's one of the problems with them we all know the earlier ones failed! and do we want to run that risk? I'm sure that it's fine now as a product but I would still prefer a S/Steel one. In part because I prefer the look but also because I think it will last longer. All plastics seem to be a poorer quality now (and that's not aimed at Ed's bottles) it's aimed at plastics in general especially where constant thermal variations take place. I see it everyday at work.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Nice job fitting the capillary type thermostat switch there Chris-I trust you find it better than the original otter stat in operation? 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Yes Brian,

I took some care fitting it , as I didn't want it leaking. I like to be able to adjust the temperature . I also double clipped most of the hoses ( which are all new Silicone).

It reminds me of a modern car now…..the temperature remains stable, the header tank keeps a content level without the need to top it up….great stuff! Smile
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P Wrote:Right then, here is the upgraded pipe with screwed otterstat housing. The are also pictures of my previous failures!

As you can see the switching temperature range is ( deliberately) slightly lower at 88 / 79 degrees.

If anyone wants one they are £35 each, but if we can get 10 firm orders the price will drop to £25.00 ( plus a bit of postage)

The fact remains that the easiest ways to wreck one of these engines is to let it over-heat a couple of times. I personally will be staying with my adjustable one, because its now fitted and working, but if you want to keep the (almost) stock look, this could be the way to go.

Contacts through me initially please.

Is it a stainless steel tube or aluminum?
Hi Domi,

its aluminium, just like the original.

( BTW Chris W..yours sent 1st class today).

I'm taking orders / expressions of interest, as soon as you like folk. email me please at history@deloreans.co.uk
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Ok, I thought it was made in stainless by the UK company whom sold me the entire set of water pipes.
I'm sure we can get them to make one Domi, but most folk still have aluminium. I can check with them if you like?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:its aluminium, just like the original.
Just like the rest of the car then :wink: :roll:
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris P Wrote:I'm sure we can get them to make one Domi, but most folk still have aluminium. I can check with them if you like?

Yes, I'd like it if you don't mind.
At least we are two, you and me?
Right Domi,

I can definitely get stainless ones made.( even if the Club member can only do Alluminium…like the rest of the car! 8)

If not the Nottingham folk can always do them, I went to see them yesterday. Cost about £35, but I will need to firm that up after they get a definite price for the threaded ring to be made. Smile
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Thanks for the good news Chris, definitely interested to complete my stainless kit.
Please keep me update Smile
I'll jump in with you too Domi - I'd be interested in a stainless one, if possible!
Great! Smile
Right then,

i want to get this ball rolling…I am only planning on having a few of each made as there has not exactly been a rush of orders as i'm paying for them myself and will sell them at cost! :oops:

Have a quick think about it folks, if you are interested please get in touch without delay. If someone wants to take the job on and is prepared to order say 10, then a better price could doubtless be agreed.

Please don't get back to me in 3 months time and say 'can i Have one!'….i'll give you all the contact details and you can sort it out for yourselves…if the people are still prepared to make one-offs.

In my opinion its the best, cheapest upgrade you can do to protect your engine from over-heating. Smile JUST My Opinion of course.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Received mine thank you, not fitted yet but I'm sure it will be a worthwhile investment.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584