Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Window Regulators.
I managed to take my door panel off ok but putting it back on was a nightmare. Any idea of when they might turn up as i could really do with them before june. Also the dollar is 2 to the pound at the mo.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
well. If Rich's still perpared to go to the supplier we need another 6 people to get the 10 on order.

I'd also like these things soon, too Smile

[Image: 050.gif]
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
yup, the exchange rate is in our favour, but thats still alot of dosh to pay out for one person to order ten sets in - and I cant even afford one set right now (although I do need them too).

Is there anyone out there who can stump up the cash to get them over sooner rather then later (and also then have to keep the unsold units in stock until others buy them....) ?????
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hi

just to add, if the window does not open, you can't lever upwards on the trim edge.

the fir trees are more top than side.

you have to slide something along from the sides.

the difficulties are the limited room
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
yes very good point Steve
I managed it on my passenger's side. The motor has failed in the fully up position, but I managed to remove the upper trim using my fingers.

Depends on the quality/strength of your fir trees, i suppose...
- Dave Smith

http://dmctalk.com/showthread.php?p=82490#post82490
Just finished installing my driver's side regulator Smile

It's easy enough to do, once you realise that you have to take the thing apart, then put the motor in the door, then put the bracket and arm into it, then re-build it in the door.

I had to swap around some screws/bolts because the ones supplied with the regulator wern't long enough to get through two braces and the main bracket (see last picture - centre screw), however the supplied bolts were long enough to reach through to secure the arm (see second picture).

I also had to remove the central bracket (that is secured to the door by four screws and secures the arm (first and second pictures)

pictures mostly the same as the ones on DMCtalk.

[Image: powerwindow1.JPG]
[Image: powerwindow2.JPG]
[Image: powerwindow3.JPG]
[Image: powerwindow4.JPG]

works a treat.
- Dave Smith

hi

no wonder i could not do it, the bracket arms are totally different to the position supplied in.

really to me the whole thing should fit the original bracket.
i assume adapted from another car

i actually repaired my original, so have the passenger spare at present...see how long the repair lasts (i know! but prefer to keep oem if possible)
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
yep, there is abit of adjusting to do. they do say 'compatible delorean' on the side which makes me think they will fit other makes Smile

Just finished the passenger side. easier than I thought to do both sides, but I would have been stumped without this forum and DMCtalk thread to suggest changing the brackets around and also disassembling the reassembling the thing.

Just one thing I noticed when I was finishing off tonight:

the brass arm touches the inside of the glass and as the window moves down it's going tobe touching the window then, too. anybody had issues with these things scratching.

brass not as hard as glass, so can I assume that the brass arm won't damage the glass?

ho hum
Barzo
- Dave Smith

hi

another thing i have tried....the inner draft excluder that pushes on and hold the window outwards. i tried to get the furry strip but could not find anywhere.

so bought some edge trim (push on c fit) in black, and so far looks ok (but not yet tried to fit the upper inner panel. (from woolies trim)
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Guys,

Just a thought if you're still trying to get that list of 10 names together for your "bulk buy": do you want me to put an announcement in the next edition of DeLorean News? You might get some interest from club members who haven't spotted this thread on the forum.

I'd need a central point of contact for folks to get in touch with of course.

Just let me know...
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo