Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean DMC UK Office Reunion in Coventry
Hi,

After a stroke of luck/fate I was very lucky to take part in a reunion of the DeLorean staff based at the Coventry office. The week before I'd attended the Coventry Festival of motoring, and had purely by chance positioned my car right outside where the original office once stood. Barrie Wills contacted me following a post of my car at the event on facebook and asked if I knew how close I was to the original office, and if I would be so kind as to make my car available for the reunion and photoshoot outside the Coventry Council office, and then attend a meeting with the Mayor of Coventry, and the reunion meal after. Of course my answer was Yes!

What followed was a very memorable photo shoot and meal, in which I got to meet some key players in the DeLorean story. Trying not to be too much of a fan boy, and also not to intrude too much on what was after all their reunion I did hear some great stories about their time with DeLorean. Stuart Craven and his stories about developing the cars frame, and driving the Legand turbo car (manual five speed) for the first time round the ring road of Coventry, not to mention getting a ticket in Northern Island while speeding to the Dunlop factory in an over heating DeLorean. How Barrie Wills hard talked the Volvo boss in order to get key engine parts and many other great stories, which I'll try and post up (as long as they don't mind).

I've uploaded a few images of the photoshoot, and a couple of videos if people are interested to my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/thedeloreanproject
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

http://www.delorean-dream.blogspot.co.uk
Great pictures Mark, looks like a good time was had by all. Always great to hear stories straight from the people who were there! Thanks for sharing.
DOC 116
VIN 6237
nice one Mark Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie