Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I'm to get a DMC12 in 2 yrs I'd like to ask some Q's ?
I'm relatively new to this forum and I guess some would say that answers to my questions could possibly be found via the search facility?
However, I'd like to dip my toes into the waters of this forum and get to interact with owners using this facility.
So I retire in 2 years (earlyish!!) and promised myself a car project. I do have a modicum of mechanical knowledge having worked a lot with KDF wagons - or VW Beetles (air cooled) to the uninitiated.

Ok here goes my first question (of I hope, many).
If I were to import a DMC 12 into the UK, would I be able to change the exhaust system stripping out the debilitating smog emission hardware, but still meeting UK requirements?

If so, can anybody suggest leads to the upgraded/replacement parts that I would need?

Cheers

Spud
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
Hi Spud
Welcome to the forum!
Quote:would I be able to change the exhaust system stripping out the debilitating smog emission hardware, but still meeting UK requirements?
Yes there is a exhaust manufacturer in Nottingham that make a performance exhaust specifically for the DeLorean (I'm sure there are others also) they are not cheap a around £900 but are very nice.
It wont affect UK regs as early 80's cars don't require a cat for the test, however forcoming EU law may require a car to be in the condition it left the factory for testing/emissions. However most testers would not know if a DeLorean was supposed to have one or not!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584