Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN: 4872 For Sale
On behalf of a club member Vin: 4872 for sale. Grey interior, Manual G/Box, It's an October 81 car with a manual gearbox and grey interior. Needs a bit of love such as the Air Con pump and one of the windows not working. It also has a slight misfire before it warms up. Needs front nose adjusting to get everything to line up properly. Located south of England

The car is showing only 6500 miles and is very clean underneath and in the engine bay. Mot until September. Price £26,000 firm
Please contact Chris Williams in first instance as seller does not wish to be bothered by timewasters/dreamers.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Looks a good car Chris and at a fair price…
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I could be wrong here, but wasn't 4872 in an enginefire a couple of years ago? It was suppose to be used, together with 2801 (also in an enginefire) to restore 10458 ....

So, either the VIN isn't correct or the owner had a change in plans ; anybody has the history on this one?
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
Quote:but wasn't 4872 in an engine fire a couple of years ago? It was suppose to be used, together with 2801 (also in an engine fire) to restore 10458
From the seller to answer that question:
The engine fire car was vin 10458. We took the parts we needed then put it on eBay. Chris Nicolson won it and spent 8 months restoring it. He then sold it to a guy called Will
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I may be interested in this car, where abouts is it?
2014 Octavia VRS Hatch
2013 Audi A5 Coupe Black Edition
1965 Porsche 912 (One day this will be a DMC)
Andy Wrote:I could be wrong here, but wasn't 4872 in an enginefire a couple of years ago? It was suppose to be used, together with 2801 (also in an enginefire) to restore 10458 ....

So, either the VIN isn't correct or the owner had a change in plans ; anybody has the history on this one?

Im sorry...but how come there is always someone isn't there? what a stupid statement to make when a guy is selling a car!
Admin...suggestion you should remove these sort of ridiculous comments when they appear.

All aside .. I just wanted to say until I saw the above ... ye agree looks like straight car at a very fair price. Don't think it will hang about long.
Quote:I may be interested in this car, where abouts is it?
South coast, Sussex area.
Quote:Im sorry...but how come there is always someone isn't there? what a stupid statement to make when a guy is selling a car!
Admin...suggestion you should remove these sort of ridiculous comments when they appear.
Probably more a genuine error that anything malicious I would have thought, if nothing else it clears up any confusion
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Dave, that might be abit of an over-reaction.
The chap raised a query about the history of the vin# and it was explained in the next post.
No harm done IMO. Big Grin
You have a PM Chris would like to discuss this car more and find out the full story as its within my budget.
2014 Octavia VRS Hatch
2013 Audi A5 Coupe Black Edition
1965 Porsche 912 (One day this will be a DMC)
dave t Wrote:Im sorry...but how come there is always someone isn't there? what a stupid statement to make when a guy is selling a car!
Admin...suggestion you should remove these sort of ridiculous comments when they appear

I was just asking a question about the VIN ; nothing ridiculous about that I think? Besides, the owner allready said that this isn't the car I thought it was ...

Don't over-react, man, it was just a simple question!
that's fine Andy ...I totally agree... maybe its not the car for you or the owner but WHY do you wait for that precious moment posted by admin to potentially slate or run the car down and post it directly onto the specific FOR SALE post.

Its like me owning a car sales garage and a potential punter walks in the door ...you might as well walk up to the potential customer and say don't buy that wasn't it in a fire.... say no more :roll: and then some would think the garage owner is over reacting ...in fact he'd probably sue you.
I honestly believe these comments should be taken off ...the For Sale section should be a for sale section not a don't like the look of that section.

sorry if you really think Im over reacting If only you met me in person 8) :lol: ...but it needs to be said.

So sorry to Future potential buyers of this car I truly apologise for the replies here.... I don't know this car nor have I any interest in the car. But yes looks like a nice purchase.
dave t Wrote:that's fine Andy ...I totally agree... maybe its not the car for you or the owner but WHY do you wait for that precious moment posted by admin to potentially slate or run the car down and post it directly onto the specific FOR SALE post.

Its like me owning a car sales garage and a potential punter walks in the door ...you might as well walk up to the potential customer and say don't buy that wasn't it in a fire.... say no more :roll: and then some would think the garage owner is over reacting ...in fact he'd probably sue you.
I honestly believe these comments should be taken off ...the For Sale section should be a for sale section not a don't like the look of that section.

sorry if you really think Im over reacting If only you met me in person 8) :lol: ...but it needs to be said.

So sorry to Future potential buyers of this car I truly apologise for the replies here.... I don't know this car nor have I any interest in the car. But yes looks like a nice purchase.

First off all, I have a DeLorean, so I'm not interested in buying this car. It looks like a very nice example and I sincerely hope it goes to a good owner who's gonna care for it and drives it regularly. I haven't 'slated' or 'run the car down' (as you point it) at any point here ...

Second, I have in my records that VIN#04872 was in an enginefire a couple of years ago, so i asked the question ; obviously I was wrong informed about this. Anyway, Chris was polite enough to answer my question, so I put my records straight about VIN#04872. No harm, done ...

So, to put the record straight and don't scare any potential customers away: THIS CAR WAS NOT IN AN ENFINE FIRE !!

By the way, if you ever met me in person, you would see that I'm not a difficult person to talk too .... I've actually met some of the guys in the UK a few times and I don't think anybody has a problem with me?

Can we get this thread back on topic please and try to find a new owner for this DeLorean?
I think the confusion is that the car was involved in a minor front end shunt that resulted in the front panels being replaced but (as I understand it) did not affect the chassis or tub and as we all know the panels just hang on all this. Problem with forums is that it's easy to read things into things that have been wrote. Anyway all is good now Big Grin
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Re: the Brooklands Auction:

http://www.historics.co.uk/buying/aucti ... mc-12.aspx

"Originally supplied to the USA in 1981, YKR 543X was imported in 2000 and in the first year was used by its then owner after which it was stored and used very sparingly by the current vendor."

surely this is incorrect? Rather it was imported in 2010.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Ah... They don't know that we know that they don't know the history of a particular VIN...

Concerning the repair, It doesn't really matter what the car has gone through, as long as it's legal and the job done properly and saved from the scrapheap Mr Green
DOC 116
VIN 6237