Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN: 4872 For Sale
Stuart Rees Wrote:And saved from the scrapheap Mr Green

I don't know, I could do with some spares! :lol:
Unfortunately the car/vin is known as having a crash repair, from what I understand some fibreglass work was needed and the front panels still don't align up properly, although the frame was apparently straight, it will forever command a lower value as a result however it may be a bargain for someone, I agree its good one more car has been saved, thought about bidding at the auction myself as I am looking for a car but then remembered the 10% buyers fee on top
2014 Octavia VRS Hatch
2013 Audi A5 Coupe Black Edition
1965 Porsche 912 (One day this will be a DMC)
I bought my car 'spares or repairs' in 2003, it had barely a straight panel on it and had
been involved in a number of 'low speed shunts' in the USA prior to my purchase of it.

Then some numpty drove into it outside my work one evening and did the RH front wing and
a bit of other damage.

My car has had a full stainless restoration at PJ Grady Europe. My point? The fact my car
has had a few bumps in its 34yrs and has been repaired shouldn't detract from its current
value - in fact, it having had stainless work by one of THE best names in the business should
actually be a bonus Wink

I've attached some pics, October 2002 at the Docks when I collected her, and Feb 2013 doing
a photo shoot for Classic Cars magazine Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Looks lovely Claire. Have you kept a running total? :lol:
Is there a build thread for me to perv?
Your car looks lovely, a few bumps is no bother, that car has had a full front end rebuild, I believe the frame was OK but it needed some fibreglass reconstruction sure it will be a good bargain for someone and its great to see it on the road again but its always going to have the stigma of being in a crash, be interesting to see what it goes for at auction
2014 Octavia VRS Hatch
2013 Audi A5 Coupe Black Edition
1965 Porsche 912 (One day this will be a DMC)
there is a thread on here somewhere on here from a few years ago, and I have
got a Facebook album of pics, but again its yonks out of date.

The car to date owes me somewhere in the region of £11,000, £4,100 of that was
buying, shipping it from the USA and sorting out the import fees this end.

This year its had new window motors, back tyres, speedo cable and a couple of
odds and ends, but it does need a load of trim bits, including new headliners, window
trims, etc.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie