Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello there!! from southern england
Hello there, I'm Jake from Southampton and I'm interested in buying a dream!! but I'm not sure if my 6'4 build will allow me to comfortably drive a Delorean, Ideally I'm looking for chums to meet and actually chin wag about deloreans who might let me check for snugness....
Astralflood Wrote:Hello there, I'm Jake from Southampton and I'm interested in buying a dream!! but I'm not sure if my 6'4 build will allow me to comfortably drive a Delorean, Ideally I'm looking for chums to meet and actually chin wag about deloreans who might let me check for snugness....

Hi Jake, Welcome!
I'm 6'4 as well and I had the same concerns initially. I have both an auto and a manual and don't have a problem driving either. I would say (from a tall person's point of view) that the auto is more comfortable to drive. I'm near Bristol if you're ever nearby and want to check.

Are you in the market for one now or are you saving for the right one in the future?
1981 Restored Black Interior Auto
&
1981 DeLorean Time Machine 2015 edition

http://www.backtothefuturedeloreanhire.co.uk

http://www.deloreanhire.com
Well Ollie, id certainly like to be in the market for a wonderful delorean but alas im not, ive got alot of saving to do as the prices elevate and elevate more. Before i go any further i thought i best freind a delorean owner and see if i can fit in one so that my dream doesnt turn into a broken one when i discover i wouldnt fit!!

Ive got to that age when i must go for my dreams and not regret that i hadnt. Sooooooo im doing plenty of research to find an affordable way to accomplish this!!
When I recently took vin 522 to the Rolls Royce factory, there was a hug he chap, 6' 6' and he accepted my invitation to sit the car…..he fitted in fine. Now he's looking for a car!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
That's fantastic to know :-)
Hi & welcome.
I'm not a million miles away either, down in Sunny South Devon.
I'm 6'5" and like others had the same concerns about comfort (I bought my D last year without even seeing a D in real life, let alone sitting in one!!) but I've just got back from a 2850mile road trip to Italy in mine and found it very comfortable. And dare I say it 'reliable' aswell! :lol:
Well done you 88MPH…..I bet you have a few good stories and photo's you'd like to share? Smile
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
fantastic, well I should fit!! I remember watching the episode of wheeler Dealers when Ed china was trying to fit in but mind you the guy is 6ft 7in!! now how on earth am I going to afford one, I need a barn find a learn mechanics quick it seems!!
Quote:but I've just got back from a 2850mile road trip to Italy in mine and found it very comfortable. And dare I say it 'reliable' aswell!
Yes I saw the pictures over on Eurotec, very well done for doing that road trip, certinally must have been an epic roadtrip.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
any chance of a write up and some photos for the CLub magazine 88mph?

Wasnt John DeLorean 6ft 5"?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I could do Claire, if people were interested. Two from the way home.....

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Guinney1971 Wrote:any chance of a write up and some photos for the CLub magazine 88mph?

Wasnt John DeLorean 6ft 5"?

6ft 4" - so most people will fit, since he made he did!
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)